Alienware R15 R2 fingerprint, dust, magnet

subhaac

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Recently bought an R15, it has been great but it's a fingerprint magnet and it's quite annoying to keep cleaning it so many times. The surface is rubber-like. Is there anything i can do to stop this? Maybe a plastic wrap or some other way that you guys think is best?

Solution
If you stop cleaning it so often it won't show so much. It needs a decent variety of smudges on there and then they'll be less noticeable. I know this isn't really a solution but there isn't much option other than stripping the soft-touch plastic off and repainting (I don't recommend this).

Quixit

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
If you stop cleaning it so often it won't show so much. It needs a decent variety of smudges on there and then they'll be less noticeable. I know this isn't really a solution but there isn't much option other than stripping the soft-touch plastic off and repainting (I don't recommend this).

Solution

subhaac

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

I'll try not to clean it so often and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply though

Jp2slow

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I put a by vinyl wrap on mine . Used decalRus.com . They have all sorts and designs . I chose a brushed aluminum . They also let you design your own .

71UhqwuwlJL._SL1500_.jpg