All data deleted from my FaceBook Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydreemer

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Somehow all of my data was deleted from my facebook account. All of my pics, friends, everything. All the data is gone as if I just opened the account. However, when I open the app on my old phone, it's still there so I know it's not completely gone. All I did was delete some files from my phone and the next time I opened the FB app, it was gone. When I use the internet browser it's also gone, but when I open the app on my old phone, it's still there. I'm very confused. It just doesn't make sense. Is there a way to restore my data as it obviously isn't gone because I can access it still from my old phone. Thank you.

Slow Pri

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I'd run a virus scan on your PC. It's possible that a virus or infection is affecting your PC. If it's still properly working on your phone than it's something to do with your PC itself.

You can run programs such as SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes which if a virus is the case these will sniff it out.

Good Luck!

daydreemer

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
The problem is not with my PC. This happened directly after I deleted some temp files from my phone, well what I thought were temp files.I have an old phone that works with wifi and my FB data is still there when I access the FB app from it. I'm so confused.

racksmith101

Proper
Apr 20, 2018
You deleted the local data cache on your phone, that's why stuff doesn't show up, the app will need to sync with the servers and download all the data again. The photos etc are all stores on the servers and show up in your old phone because it still has a local copy of all the info. Delete and reinstall the app and let it sync and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.