Solved! All my asus laptop's conection drivers seem to be broken.

May 3, 2020
I bought my ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DU laptop about 2 months ago, and ever since I set it all up it has had a huge list of problems when it comes to connection.

Firstly I use wireless headphones and a wireless speaker so I use Bluetooth a bunch. Once every hour or so it cuts audio for about 15 seconds, then kicks me from my headphones/speakers and then 2 out of 3 times won't let me reconnect without turning everything on and of again. I have read countless of threads and trouble shoot forums, and they all tell me it's the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", but the problem with that is that this was the first thing I did, and it still does not work.

Second of all, when I was downloading all my steam games and was using my Ethernet cable it kept stopping and starting the download. When the download did work it was exactly the speed it is on my gaming PC, but every 5 seconds it would stop for 5 seconds and keep doing that for ever. So I tried looking that up as well, and came to the same fix; "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". But that also had no effect. I have a 500mbit plan and the speed test was showing 25 to 48. Over Ethernet the speed test was telling me the full 500 tho but still the download was screwed.

When I tried downloading over WiFi I noticed that the mbit's were brutally low and very inconsistent, and you guessed it, after looking and looking the answer to that was indeed "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". No effect...

I play mostly single player games on my laptop because I use my bigboy gaming PC for the competitive games, but when I do use the laptop the ping keeps jumping from 20 to 900. So that also is very weird.

These problems are consistent over different networks, providers and even city regions. So it is definitely the laptop and not anything else.

Please help. I don't want to reset my laptop and have to download 2tb of games over jumpy internet.

Solution
I think that model has a very poor implementation of a wireless card, I have the same system model and my wireless on it has been pretty bad. I had to swap the wifi card it came with. Even then there seems to be an issue with the antennas, I was only able to get a good connection with using an external USB card even after the swap. The swap made it better but not great.
I think that model has a very poor implementation of a wireless card, I have the same system model and my wireless on it has been pretty bad. I had to swap the wifi card it came with. Even then there seems to be an issue with the antennas, I was only able to get a good connection with using an external USB card even after the swap. The swap made it better but not great.

Solution