joelisa71

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I have tried everything I can find on the net to fix the download issues I am having. I have Comcast DSL 20Mbps and every attempt to download Adobe Flash Player 11 times out. When I go to Microsoft for ANYTHING it shows it will take hours. Sometimes I can cancel the download and start it again and it will download in seconds. HELP!!!

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Sounds like a massive latency issue, which could indicate the line to your house is damaged. Most ISPs can diagnose connection problems remotely if you give them a call.

As a first step, run speedtest and pingtest. You want to ensure the maximum speed is near what is advertised, and the rate of download is more or less constant.

joelisa71

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

I ran the speed test on comcast and it shows it to be normal for my level of service. When I start a download the speed starts out fast but it goes down from there as the download progresses.

joelisa71

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

I went through all the diagnostics with a comcast tech, ran the speed test and it is right where it should be. Ran their TCP Optimizer and their easy care. Download starts out fast and slows down to near nothing as the download progresses.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Assuming you have cable television as well as Internet, you may want them to send out a tech. Previous problems discovered by techs that fixed my issues were a bad splitter in the house and the other time, it was just a bad cable to the house. They replaced the cable between the telephone pole and the house.

Also, what are you downloading with. Comcast is known to throttle bittorrent.

joelisa71

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

I am using the microsoft download manager, and I am thinking it is something in my pc as my wife's computer has no problem downloading.

joelisa71

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

The Techs are coming. The downloads start out at around 300kb and step down 30 to 50 kb at a time to end up at around 8 to 9kb and this all happens in about 20 to 30 seconds.