Altec Lansing ACS 48 powered sub woofer cable question

PolishRifle

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
My old, probably 20 year old, 2:1 PC speaker system with powered subwoofer has finally stopped working. The one satellite speaker went out for the third time and my repairs could not bring it back to life. My question is about using the subwoofer for my entertainment system.

My receiver has a usual RCA Subwoofer out connection on the back (purple).
The subwoofer has two 3.5mm inputs on it.
The other connection is a 6 PIN DIM that goes from the subwoofer to the right satellite speaker
The subwoofer is powered.

The link below shows the diagram of the back of the sub
Altec Lansing Manual page 5

What can I use to connect the subwoofer to the stereo receiver. I already have 5 really good speakers in the room but never added in a subwoofer.

Solution
You can hook up the sub. You will need to split the sub out of the receiver into 2 RCA female plugs. Then connect a cable that has 2 RCA male plugs at the receiver end and a stereo 3.5mm mini plug at the sub end. You may need to plug the Din connector in in case the sub can detect if it isn't in place and won't turn on without it.
You can hook up the sub. You will need to split the sub out of the receiver into 2 RCA female plugs. Then connect a cable that has 2 RCA male plugs at the receiver end and a stereo 3.5mm mini plug at the sub end. You may need to plug the Din connector in in case the sub can detect if it isn't in place and won't turn on without it.

Solution