Alternative software to Microsoft Zune?

HughMitch

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
Let me start by saying i think the Zune music player is the best i have ever come across.
1. The UI is intuitive, organised and easy to navigate
2. The search is super quick, whether just typing an artists name or using the search box
3. Being able to quickly organise albums/artists/songs by name/year/date
4. Its integration with Windows for creating new folders/tagging music
5. the now playing screen looks awesome with the album artwork and such like

Problem is, I have 315 artists (not many i know) but its becoming slower and slower to load. I am always open to finding new software to make things better so i am asking if anyone has used/knows of a excellent music player for Windows 10?

I am interested to see what others use....

I'm looking something organised, quick and super sexy ;)

Solution
I mainly use Spotify. Which is great if you don't want to pay for music and don't mind listening to ads. Although it can be used as a music player, the program often hangs. I don't know if that's because of me or just the program.

The other options are Winamp, Foobar2000, Media Monkey, and Music Bee.

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
I mainly use Spotify. Which is great if you don't want to pay for music and don't mind listening to ads. Although it can be used as a music player, the program often hangs. I don't know if that's because of me or just the program.

The other options are Winamp, Foobar2000, Media Monkey, and Music Bee.

Solution

HughMitch

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions, I checked out Music Bee and actually quite liked it.
Its tricky to find one with such a nice UI though. Zune does look particularly nice with all the album artwork. There is no folder drop downs or 'unnecessary' clutter it is clean and simple.

ps: i feel like i should have made this a discussion rather than a question as i'm just wondering what others use.....

jszfunk

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
I am looking for other software besides the zune that I can use with my Zune portable player. I understand that the Zune player only works and is recognized by the zune software when connecting it to my PC.I was not sure if anyone knows of a way around this or other software that will recognize it.

Thanks