Solved! Amazon FireTv stick

Jun 6, 2019
Hi

I am having Sony Bravia with Hdmi and optical
Also I am having Philip's DVD player without hdmi, but it has optical , connected 5.1 speaker to it

I have connected TV and DVD by optical

if I play YouTube any other apps which are in TV, I can hear the good surround sound from the speakers

otherwise No sound from my speakers if I connect PC or any other device like Android TV box to my TV through HDMI

can I use Amazon firestick with the above mentioned method

please advice

Solution
After you connect your PC or Android TV box...did you try going to your audio setting in TV to check if audio is routed thru optical?
I have a similar setup but instead of optical i have connected my blu ray player with HDMI(CEC enabled) and 3.5mm to (white+red) cable. the audio system doesnt work fine with just the HDMI. May be try connecting the 3.5mm to RCA cable to see if that fixes your problem
Jun 7, 2019
After you connect your PC or Android TV box...did you try going to your audio setting in TV to check if audio is routed thru optical?
I have a similar setup but instead of optical i have connected my blu ray player with HDMI(CEC enabled) and 3.5mm to (white+red) cable. the audio system doesnt work fine with just the HDMI. May be try connecting the 3.5mm to RCA cable to see if that fixes your problem

Solution