Amazon Privacy Error on All Devices

ZJE123

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I have been having a problem with Amazon.com on my network. This occurs on any device connected to my wifi. At random times, I cannot access Amazon.com because of a Privacy error:
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
I had found a solution before that seemed to work (flushing dns in command prompt), however now that does not seem to be working anymore and at random times I cannot access Amazon.com because of this error. I have absolutely no idea where to start finding a solution to this so any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
Have you altered your DNS settings in any other way? When was the last time you restarted your router? Prolonged router activation times can cause certain issues. Have you tried a different network and does the website work consistently with that? Do you have any plugins on your devices that might interact with connectivity? Is your router actually a router and not a hotspot laptop?

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Have you altered your DNS settings in any other way? When was the last time you restarted your router? Prolonged router activation times can cause certain issues. Have you tried a different network and does the website work consistently with that? Do you have any plugins on your devices that might interact with connectivity? Is your router actually a router and not a hotspot laptop?

Solution

ZJE123

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

I have not altered the DNS and I am definitely connected to a router and not a hotspot. I have restarted it recently and it seems to not be problematic at the moment, hopefully the solution was only that simple. Thanks.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Nice to hear, if you think I helped, I would appreciate if you marked my post as a solution. On the side note, I have had issues in the past with prolonged router activities, they usually have some firmware issues, which is why regularly every couple of months restarting them, saves a whole load of trouble. If the issues persist, feel free to post here again, I'll try helping you out! :)

ZJE123

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

I marked your post, thank you for the help. After mentioning a firmware upgrade, I checked my router again and it appears that there is an upgrade available as well, so thanks again!