Amazon Will Intro Up to 6 New Tablet SKUs, Claims Staples

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]So will Apple sue Amazon now?[/citation]

Apple sues whoever it pleases, apple is infallible.

In the name of Jobs.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
The only problem I found on my Nexus 7 is that the entire screen becomes unresponsive as if the CPU is burdened and you must wait for a response. It does happen when it gets hot so maybe Project Butter causes the CPU to overheat more easily and slows down the tablet to a crawl to prevent failure. This happens when the keyboard is showing or in a simple app. It usually happens right after you switch apps too, so it may also be a bug in Jelly Bean. Turning the screen on and off or going to home screen and back sometimes solves the problem so it may or may not be a heat issue. Is anyone else experiencing the sudden unresponsive issues talked about by Kevin Parish?

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Osmin[/nom]The only problem I found on my Nexus 7 is that the entire screen becomes unresponsive[/citation]
You word that as if it's not that big of a deal..

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I really Like my Kindle Fire, but I did upgrade it recently. I found for the average non tech user that wants a entertainment device its perfect. I think for people who are a tad more tech savvy will find it very limited unless rooted. That's why I ended up upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7. I am kinda curious to see if Kindle Fire 2 or Kindle HD (what ever they plan to call it) is as locked down as the original.

G

No mention of an SD slot for any of these new Kindles. No SD slot = no deal.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
the company is expected to release a 10.1-inch model -- likely an overhauled Kindle DX with Fire-like features
What? A Kindle DX is like the classic Kindle models. No backlight, B&W e-ink display. Strictly an eReader.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say that the 10.1 inch model is like a Kindle Fire HD, only bigger? :p

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]HotRoderx[/nom]I really Like my Kindle Fire, but I did upgrade it recently. I found for the average non tech user that wants a entertainment device its perfect. I think for people who are a tad more tech savvy will find it very limited unless rooted. That's why I ended up upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7. I am kinda curious to see if Kindle Fire 2 or Kindle HD (what ever they plan to call it) is as locked down as the original.[/citation]
Yeah, thats what the Fire is all about.. I bought one for my parents for Christmas and they absolutely love it.. I wouldnt buy it for myself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.