Amazon's Kindle Paperwhite Already Jailbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]That's like jailbreaking a toaster, now what?[/citation]
Yeah, but then you aren't forced to buy bread from the same company, you can buy your bread anywhere you want and have it as brown as you want, be warned however as jailbreaking your toaster could result in burnt toast and once it is burnt you can't unburn it, even if you attach the bread to a serial port

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I have a older kindle and am in no way limited to books purchased from amazon.
Does this "jailbreak" enable something special?

really am curious on this one

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Yeah, but then you aren't forced to buy bread from the same company, you can buy your bread anywhere you want and have it as brown as you want, be warned however as jailbreaking your toaster could result in burnt toast and once it is burnt you can't unburn it, even if you attach the bread to a serial port[/citation]I can put books from other sources on my stock Kindle Keyboard. Some require conversion. I can do it via USB or just email it to the Kindle and let Whispersync handle it.

Anyway, it's rare that I actually need to do that. Why would I have bought a Kindle if I didn't plan on using Amazon as my primary source for e-books?

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]I have a older kindle and am in no way limited to books purchased from amazon.[/citation]
You are limited to their format, dammit. Why won't Amazon implement ePub already? It's basically the same thing as what they use now. I would buy it if it had ePub support and came with Android - so that I can choose the reading software, and not be stuck with whatever they provide and their bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.