AMD 8650G+8670M Dual Graphics Drivers Question

ZenShredder

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
So I've upgraded to Windows 10 recently, I installed the new graphics drivers from AMD's website using the W10 64-bit Radeon Mobility Drivers version 15.7. A new section under the drivers sub-menus has come up, something called "DirectGMA". After looking it up, I have found out that it's a feature for FirePro graphics cards, but why would it be added to the Radeon Mobility drivers? Is there a way to remove it? I doubt that AMD would extend this feature to the Radeon Mobility cards without some form of announcement, but if that is the case, what benefits might it offer?

Here's an image of the sub-menu for reference, thanks for any help and insight in advance!

http://imgur.com/Q6m1bH7

Xibyth

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014
There realistically are no benefits, it was an interesting aspect of some AMD cards though. The mobile versions of AMD are usually based on their workstation cards, the r9 290m is a prime example. For laptops with switchable graphics the best option is the laptop manufacturer driver instead. Neither AMD nor Nvidia support switchable.