Amd driver and cc missing from my laptop!

pratikrai

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
my lapyop seems to be not reading my card. i cant see my card (amd 8670m) under "Display Adapter" in device manager. i tried to install it but i wont. Even ccc is not installing. i just says installtion complete with few problems. i uninstalled ccc and tried again. nothing is happening. i downloaded the driver from hp and from amd too,both seem to be useless for me :(. Please help!
i own a hp pavilion 15-n259tx running windows 8.1.

pratikrai

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

Hello,Thank you for replying :), i just edited my post. i meant to say i "cant" see my card under display drivers. i googled this problem and somewhere i read to enable "show hidden devices" and when i did that i could see my card. i uninstalled that and downloaded drivers from official hp site,but sadly nothing happened. tried from amd site too but that too did not help :(

pratikrai

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

thank for replying :D. broooo i accidentally selected you answer as the solution lol. how do i revert it back?
i unstalled drivers that were in my latop and installed the official site. still doesnt work :(

pratikrai

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
its miracle!!! my amd card is showing up in my device manager. i tried to install ccc and it worked!!!! maybe someone from community was praying for me hahah :D
Thank you all for you responses. I appreciate the help (y)

pratikrai

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

Ok now this sucks, i tired to install amd driver from the hp site as the previous driver version was 14. something i dont remember and i wanted to get the ver 13.151.2.0. so after updating everything went fine and restarted my laptop(it had a loong installation of update. its was 130/147 or something like that.took it about 20mins) . after that, i saw that amd was again missing from the device manager and the intel driver had a yellow exclamation mark.i checked in hidden devices and i can see my card. "AMD catayst control center cannot be started. there are currently no settings that can be configured using amd catalyst control center" keeps poping on start or whenever i try to open ccc.
help please :\