AMD Graphics causing black screen on boot or freezing on install (WIN 8.1)

Phyore

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014
System: DV7-6b50ea - Added SSD
Type: Laptop

So it all started yestrday when I installed some new drivers for my wireless mouse from HP as it was not working where it was the night before. After the reboot I loaded up a pdf (Wasn't big as it was only 10 pages) which started loading and then froze my laptop. I decided to reboot my laptop by holding the power button. The laptop went through it's usual startup, HP logo and then Windows logo (With the swirling loading icon) but then proceeded to a black screen (Before the welcome screen, not even getting to this bit).

After a few attempts of it not working I tried booting into safe mode which works, so after another reboot (Booting to safe mode randomly fixes things sometime) it black screened again. I tried a clean boot which did nothing either. I did a bit of research on my phone and found out it could be my graphics drivers. So in safe mode i uninstalled my AMD drivers and then restarted. This worked! Until windows decided to automatically install the drivers again in which it played the "Hardware found" jingle and then froze mid-jingle. Upon reboot it black screened and safe mode confirmed in the device manager that the drivers were ideed there again. Uninstalling them and disabling auto install of drivers allowed it to work again.

I was originally using the Leshcat labs drivers as it allowed me to actually use my switchable graphics (Originally it didn't work). So I downloaded the latest Leshcat labs drivers, tried them, didn't work, tried the ones I had installed before and nothing also. Tried redownloading the base drivers from HP's website and nothing from that either. They all freeze mid-jingle when installing.

As I mentioned everything was perfect until a couple days ago, I am also out of warrenty so calling on HP would be truely expensive (£54 just to talk to support over the phone).

I have tried DDU to fully remove the AMD drivers before reinstall also, and I have tried a system resotre to 5 days ago in which I know it worked and it still black screens.

All help apprciated thank you!

Phyore

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

Not yet I pressumed I would get the same, I will try now though.

Phyore

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

Just tried it, black screenedon install, frozen mid-jingle. Interestingly I didn't have to go to safe mode to remove it.

ravi_3

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015

I got the same problem.. got black screen on lenovo Y560 - AMD graphic. And it works fine if i uninstall AMG drivers but the display is disguisting.

How would i get my nice display back. Any ideas pls