AMD Quad-Core A8 or Intel i3. Which is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasu Deo

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
It depends on your usage.....If you are an gamer you would probably choose AMD because AMD integrated graphic cards are far better than intel's,,,,,, and also a8 outmatches i3...cause it has 4 cores and i3 has only one

MY OPINION AMD

Actually, that depends on the what AMD APU is being compared to which Intel Core i3 CPU.... And for the record, Intel currently has the most powerful integrated graphics cores. An example is the Intel Iris Pro 580 which is at least as powerful as the nVidia GT 940m which far surpasses the best AMD integrated graphics core. However, these graphic cores are only in high end Intel CPUs, so they will definitely not be used in a budget laptop.

The current most power integrated AMD graphics core is the Radeon R7 (Bristol Ridge) in the FX-9830P APU. It is estimated to be a little more powerful than a nVidia 930m, however, that is only based on specs for now since there have not been any game benchmarks done so far . This is AMD's top of the line APU, so again, it will not be found in a budget laptop.

=====================================================

The Lenovo G50-45 has the A8-6410 APU. It has the Radeon R5 (Beema / Carrizo-L) graphics core which is generally less powerful than an Intel HD 4000 graphics core found in 3rd generation "Ivy Bridge" Intel CPUs.

The Lenovo G50-70 has a 4th generation "Haswell" Intel Core i3 CPU is a dual core CPU with Hyper Threading (virtual cores). It has the integrated Intel HD 4400 graphics core which is definitely more powerful than the Intel HD 4000. Additionally, the Core i3 CPU is more powerful than the A8 APU. This is due to the fact that Intel designs there CPUs to be capable of executing more instructions per core than AMD APUs / CPUs are capable of even though the budget oriented A8 APU has 4 cores.

Between the two laptops I would go for the Lenovo G50-70. See link below for some benchmarks of the graphic cores / chip mentioned in my post plus a few others. The link leads you to Notebookcheck.net ranking of mobile graphic cores / chips. The Radeon R5 (Beema / Carrizo), Intel HD 4000, and Intel HD 4400 graphics cores are at the bottom of the list since they are ranked the slowest.

http://tinyurl.com/hoggyja

Status
Not open for further replies.