AMD R7 multiple issues, nobody can solve them! Please help!

pmoniz

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Hi everybody I'm new here!

I have this problem for months already. I just don't know what else to do. If I have a game opened on a browser (chrome, mozilla, ...) and 1 video or facebook opened, the videos might crash, freeze or not play if I go from on tab to another. Sometimes I just press pause, watch tv for 5 seconds, when I press "play" it freezes or crashes. I think everything goes OK if I just have one tab opened watching a video, but If I have 2 or 3 tabs opened, this happens. A lot of times I open a video on youtube, it loads the video and just won't play... It's stuck at 0:00, I have to press F5 a lot of times until it starts playing and sometimes it just won't and I have to quit the video or close tabs. 3 or 4 tabsis enough for this to happen... (please watch the examples on the end of the post)

Also, If I suspend my PC, whenever I resume a video onJW Player, the video simply crashes everytime....

I tried so many things I even can't remember: disable hardware aceleration, update and/or downgrade drivers, uninstall Flash from the OS and keep the Flash of the browser (Chrome), Change the AMD configuration, searched for virus and malwares, run CCleaner, etc etc etc.

This is so frustrating, it really is... I don't know who else to ask for help, I searched everywhere on the internet and few have this problem and most of them solve it by disabling hardware aceleration. But mine keeps happening this problem. It happens with all browsers, with any type of videos: stream, youtube, facebook, etc.

Any sugestion would be really appreciated. Please help!

My best regards!

ADDICIONAL INFO:
- Windows 8.1
- Intel® Core™ i7-4510U with Intel® Turbo Boost
- AMD Radeon™ R7 M260
- 8GB RAM

Please, consider this example:

a4b29272834970dfad2388fec2a28f72.gif

(I only have these tabs opened)

0e41bfc8ce9e20137fa8974726faf711.gif

breakingfelony

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
Have you made sure everything is up to date? Flash? GPU driver? Browser? Also is your the youtube issue and Facebook issue sounds to me like internet, I work in a school and I sometimes get that while using Youtube to help me do something, I usually refresh a few times but to me it seems like the video play back is timing out

pmoniz

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

Thank you for such a fast reply :)

Yes, I have all up-to-date: Bios, AMD, Browsers (all of them, because they all show symptoms). I can't say the problem is the internet because my brother uses the same internet and he does not have any problems. Plus, I used to have a Samsung RC530 with NVIDIA and less RAM (6GB vs the 8GB I have now) and I could have 15 or more youtube or non-youtube videos running that they won't even get slow! Now I have this Toshiba that was supposed to be better and it's a complete mess....

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Did you ever check your PageFile? You said you have 8GB of RAM installed. Depending on how many programs you have loaded up, you could be running low on RAM. You could try to either increase your RAM to 16Gb or increasing the size of your PageFile.

herrwizo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Seems like a hardware issue to me.

First run memtest to make sure your memory is OK.

I would also check the temperatures on both your GPU and your CPU, using OpenHW Monitor.

And finally, according to data sheet, your CPU has the embedded graphics card, Intel HD4400. So in fact you have TWO graphics cards in your laptop. You should be able to change in drivers which graphics card is being used - you can "force" your system to use only one.

If you are using HD4400 all the time without knowing it - switch to R7 only. If you are using R7 - switch to HD4400 only. And report back what happens then.

pmoniz

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

It could be the lack of RAM... But I don't think that's the case... I don't load any heavy programs.. Right now I have 6 opened tabs and my memory is running at 51% :\ I don't really think the problem is lack of RAM :\

pmoniz

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

I am a little noob at these new sissy win 8.1 things, like this UEFI thing. I never used any other type of boot (like pen to run Hirens in order to run memtest). So I don't really know how to run memtest here... I could find out if I search for it, of course.

That OpenHW Monitor I Could give a look on that as well. That tool is run in-windows?

And regarding the switchable graphics. That is correct. I have this stupid thing... both IntelHD and AMD. I tried so many times do just run one of the graphics only. I don't even know what GPU I am running right now! A friend told me today that maybe I could change that on the BIOS, but I never went there, since I have UEFI activated. But I am willing to go there and check it up. But I never managed to successfully enable or disable any GPU. I tried to disable the drivers on my device manager, but I think I did not have sucess...