AMD stopped responding and recovered

May 18, 2018
Hi ,

I'm facing this problem like it's written the laptop freezes always after sometime this message comes and sometimes it blue screen with (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) i have done several solution such as formatting and start fresh windows 10 , uninstall and install the amd drives after that downgrade to windows 8.1 and now it's better but if i opened YouTube or any flash website it will crash but if i'm in the safe mode it will work fine 100%. (How i can know if my GPU need to be replaced )

Toshiba L850-B203 year-2012

AMD 7600m series 2GB
intel i5 3210m 2.50GHz

ram 4 gb

windows 8.1 64bit

Solution

I really doubt that. Check the manufacturer's website for models like yours with different hardware configurations. I doubt there will be one with a better GPU. And even if there is, it already failed once. The cost of a new chip plus fixing it will not make any sense for you to pay. It's not even a system that's still mid range for today standards. Just try to sell it for parts, you'll waste more time and money than what it's worth and even if you fix it it will fail again soon.

CircuitDaemon

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
You can't replace the GPU from a laptop. It could be that the motherboard has some unsoldered component from heat (which could be fixed by reballing the component with special equipment) but it wouldn't be worth fixing. They would charge you more than what you will be willing to pay for a 6 year old laptop. It's a kind of common issue with laptops from those years.

CircuitDaemon

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

I really doubt that. Check the manufacturer's website for models like yours with different hardware configurations. I doubt there will be one with a better GPU. And even if there is, it already failed once. The cost of a new chip plus fixing it will not make any sense for you to pay. It's not even a system that's still mid range for today standards. Just try to sell it for parts, you'll waste more time and money than what it's worth and even if you fix it it will fail again soon.

Solution