amp for chromecast without volume control so the amp uses device set volume..?

rastam4n

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
So just like when you build a car stereo system, the head unit controls the volume signal and the amps in the trunk amplify the sound according...? How can I set up a inexpensive google Chromecast system which would provide the same functionality. Basically my device and chromecast would be the head unit... I currently have my chromecast connected to my integrated amp and the volume on the amp is always to low or to high to easily adjust from my phone, so constantly having to set volume in two places(phone and integrated amp/receiver)
Is there a home amp that has no volume control? Would it have a passive sub out?
Ideas?

Amps in the trunk still usually have a volume level that you set though too, so just like having a chromecast and amp with two controls, a car does too. You just set the car sub amp to a mid level or whatever works, just like you should from your home amp, and then adjust the phone volume up or down depending on your tastes.

rastam4n

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017

Hmmmm, okay I know there is a level to set on a car amp but this is usually to balance the sound with a sub. It is not meant to work as a volume adjustment like what's on an integrated amp. Do you think I could use a car amp?

If your turned the volume control of the intergrated amp all the way up it would be the same as not having one at all so that might not solve your problem.
If the Chromecast device has a volume control in it then you may be able to use that in combination with the integrated amps VC to get the range for the phone VC where you want it.
If it doesn't have a control using a passive volume control between it and the integrated might help.

rastam4n

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017

The chromecast is just a streaming receiver which hooks up to the amp, it does not have any controls on it at all, only the (in my case) iPhone has control of the volume.
So if you have not used one, basically if you have youtube open on your phone you can "cast" the signal via wifi to the chromecast and it will then play on you TV or stereo what ever you have it hooked up to. but if I have to go and adjust the volume on the stereo each time i do this it sort of defeats the purpose.

rastam4n

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
So I’ve finally solved this. NAD C338 amp has chromecast built in and the volume from your casting device (iPhone) is integrated with the amp volume! So when I adjust the volume with the phone in the whatever app I am casting from the NAD volume control adjusts according. This is what I’ve been looking for... now if only it wasn’t $850 so I could buy more of them