Amplifiers, two or one?

Fredchris

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014
Is it possible to get a good preamp and a good, compatible power amp, for about 1K total? Or at that price am I better off with a. Integrated amp? My long-time amp died, I have two pretty good Klipsch speakers and subwoofer. I only listen to music (no movies/video). I mostly play the music from a PowerMac using iTunes via a DAC. Probably not ideal, but convenience worth it to me.

I no longer know the ropes, and any advice or recommendation is much appreciated.

It depends on the speakers you have, what model Klipsch and sub? Having separates amps are nice since you have a lot of flexibility. Integrated amps can be a great option too. The best thing to do is try out some amps/integrated with your speakers and what sounds best for you.

1k is a very doable(getting used from a stereo store with trade in value is even better). If you're just using the Mac/DAC for output, that is you're pre-amp so a integrated amp may not even be needed. IF you want to hook other up devices, a pre amp or integrated amp maybe be necessary.

Without knowing what speakers you're using, I can't recommend an amp. But you will still have to listen for the best amps for you anyways.

Be seeing you, the Prisoner...

TRENDING THREADS