Solved! Amplifying digital signal

Dec 6, 2018
The interior of my house is wired with coax. How can I get the digital signal from a digital channel selector box ( HDMI output) to a digital tv in another room.

kanewolf

Judicious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Johnsher_65 : "Amplifying digital signal"

nobspls

Proper
Mar 14, 2018
The coax is no good for hdmi. I know of no commercially available products that will convert HDMI to some of signal that can be transported over coax.

Obviously, someone can build and engineer as system to encode hdmi signals to some of form of RF quadratures that can then be transmitted over coax just like docis 2/3 cable modems, but none of that stuff is readily available for home endusers.

So TLDR... nope it can't be done feasibly or cost effectively.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 7
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 7
T Streaming Video & TVs 6
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Need optical output from tv to be amplified for BT headphones due hearing disability while allowing the tv sound to also work.
Solved! How to connect digital optical audio out to amplifier rca
Solved! Hi I'm trying to hook up an amplified indoor flat HDTV antenna to a olevia 265fhd-t11. There is no antenna connection on the b
Solved! Fetch to Amplifier
Solved! OTA Amplifier before the splitter?
How to connect Samsung optical audio out to Realistic digital synthezised stereo amplifier with RCA jacks right and left lmpu
I did not get an amplifier when i bought my set of tv bandits a couple months ago. Would you please send me one as says there
tv amplifier /retransmitter
Solved! Get channel 8 on my insignia t v. with a radio dmshack amplified he antenna
Netflix no sound thru my Amplifier, only TV speaker
I have a 4k smart tv and a kamron KA-42. Do I need an amplifier?
2.1 subwoofer to amplifier
How to connect amplifier to Samsung led TV 40 inches
When I connect Samsung led (7000) from yamaha dts amplifier there is no sound output any solution
HDMI ARC connect Amplifier
How to connect Panasonic Viera 58DX802B to a NAD amplifier with only analogue (RCA, red, white) input?
Coaxil broke on vivio tv I have digital TV converter and recorder plus amplified antenna how do I connect them to show local
wifi (flac) to coax -- Computer to integrated amplifier
Solved! How come my amplifier only says pro logic and not digital?
Solved! Will 12DB Amplifier Boost Digital Cable Signal?

ASK THE COMMUNITY