An alternative to desktop shortcuts? (that acts like if it wasn't a shortcut?)

Jul 23, 2013
I need a way to create a shortcut to a .dll file but if i use the default windows 8 right click>create shortcut system, the program that would require this .dll does not support a shortcut version of the .dll. Is there an application that can create shortcuts but trick windows to think that it's the actual file itself and not an actual shortcut? or is this too far fetched

Solution
You said a bunch of dll so it may be better to just create a symbolic link to the folder instead of each file. Open an elevated cmd. Type:
mklink /d C:\your_folder C:\where_you_want_it_to_be
Jul 23, 2013
I created shortcuts for a bunch of .dll files and located them to a folder. A program will scan this folder for .dll's but because there aren't any actual .dll files but it's shortcuts, the program won't work because it doesn't support the shortcut versions of the .dll's. I can't copy and paste these .dll's because they require accompanying files to also work. So I have to resort to some type of shortcut alternative. I'm looking for a way that I can shortcut these .dll's but make windows think that it's an actuall .dl or some similar method