An App To Save A Text File To The SD Card?

Jul 29, 2018
My mind has trouble remembering things, so I'm letting you know this. For me i must backup all info quickly and can't find an app that will just go to the card. If the cell dies, info is gone, I need it on the card to transfer to other storage.
I've tried many apps, but I can't seem to find one that will let me save a text file directly to the SD card. It's always create the file, save to phone folder, and then transfer to card using an app like ES Explorer.
I need an app that can just save directly to the SD. I make many notes due to my memory (mine, not the phone's), and if the phone died, I'd lose anything I hadn't saved recently.

So essentially, I need an app that has a save to SD function. I've tried many.
Thank you in advance.

Solution
Did you check within the individual app's settings to see if there is an option to save the file to the SD card? It won't be in the main phone's settings but within the apps.

Unfortunately I don't know of any specific apps that allow saving the files to the card.

There are other ways to save the info though. You could do it in an email or text message rather than a file. Which you can then send to yourself.

This is what a friend of mine does when they want to remember something for later. Rather than carrying around paper or saving files to the phone, they text themselves (text sent to their email address) anything they want to remember for later. They can then view the message from any device that they can access the email from.
Did you check within the individual app's settings to see if there is an option to save the file to the SD card? It won't be in the main phone's settings but within the apps.

Unfortunately I don't know of any specific apps that allow saving the files to the card.

There are other ways to save the info though. You could do it in an email or text message rather than a file. Which you can then send to yourself.

This is what a friend of mine does when they want to remember something for later. Rather than carrying around paper or saving files to the phone, they text themselves (text sent to their email address) anything they want to remember for later. They can then view the message from any device that they can access the email from.

Solution