Android 14 brings a feature that iPhones have had for ages — here's how to turn it on

Aug 28, 2023
On a Samsung phone (it doesn't have to be Android 14) go to Accessibility - Advanced Settings - Flash notification - Turn On and pick either camera flash or screen flash and you're good to go

InMesa

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2014
Meh, years ago I had a phone with "persistent alerts", a little light flashed until I dismissed it. Flashing twice is useless. Do they really think people are staring at their phones every second? Plus, I'm still waiting for Google to tell me why spam calls still ring my phone even though I settings to not?

Sep 4, 2022
What are you talking about? I've had every Pixel since the start and had this feature. It seems Toms Guide is catering to the Apple Sheeple. Literally EVERY feature Apple claims as NEW we have had for years already.... Wait.... Maybe that's because we can sideload third party apps! 😜

TwistedEmit

Prominent
Oct 13, 2021
I've had that feature since my epic 4g which was a Galaxy S1 series. Can't remember if it was Android or Tasker that gave me that feature, regardless once again another feature from Android that people are trying to claim was on Apple first.

I think you need to take a lesson from Linus and do some fact checking before posting an article.