Android 4.0 Coming to Sony's Xperia Handsets Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

seels

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Hahaha, Android will ALWAYS be inferior to iOS in every way. Google - disorganized copycats of Apple, Apple - amazing and revolutionary.

smghost

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Hahaha, Android will ALWAYS be inferior to iOS in every way. Google - disorganized copycats of Apple, Apple - amazing and revolutionary.[/citation]
Not sure if sarcasm or...

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Hahaha, Android will ALWAYS be inferior to iOS in every way. Google - disorganized copycats of Apple, Apple - amazing and revolutionary.[/citation]
I have both an iPod Touch with iOS 5.1 and an Android smartphone. I can say having used both OS's, that the Android feels like a more polished, more usable, more professional, device where as the iOS seems more of an enchanced multimedia OS.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Rest assure, Android 5.0 will probably be out about a week after everyone else FINALLY gets the ICS update.[/citation]
Some people may not get ICS till AFTER 5.0 comes out.

I know Verizon is being VERY slow with the ICS upgrades.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
TBH,

I've not run into any issues with Android 3.X on my xperia, if anything, the only issues I've had are from some of the free apps not behaving.

I quite enjoy the open platform and the do anything nature of it.

Unless 4.0 increases the quality of the phone (battery life, call quality, kills off a few bugs) I see no reason to update.

My POV though is from someone who only demands that my phone is a phone first, gimmicks second, so I may not be using all those 'flash' features.

G

Sony has promised a lot of thing in the past. A lot of flips from this company, I bought a lot of it's phones: W660, W850, G900 and Xperia X10. Honestly the best was w660 and w850. G900 was a scam, as the software dev was stopped almost immediately, you cannot find apps for it, the engineer that designed the touchscreen hardware contacts should be shot, my touchscreen broke and I had to replace, I bough original one and it didn't really fir 100 percent you had to push on the screen to make contact, I had to buy the entire case to fix this, also the protection from software ver to the next made the phone very hard to crack and without that they were pretty lame, the X10 is ok if you can go without a good ringtone ( speaker sucks ), the sound in the phones is low ( bla bla EU regulations ) the updates come very late and they are intentionally left out for the X10i so you should but the Arc or S, Ray which almost have the same hardware. If the guys at XDA ported these why is Sony not doing it, oh because they want to squeeze more money from you. I said a long time ago that I will leave Sony products and I will, more and more they seem to me like they are scamming me.

ankhnext

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I have both an iPod Touch with iOS 5.1 and an Android smartphone. I can say having used both OS's, that the Android feels like a more polished, more usable, more professional, device where as the iOS seems more of an enchanced multimedia OS.

More, more, more... and you forgot... more infected. If you want a professional way OS, go with Blackberry's OS.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Sony has always been really good at providing updates for their devices (with a few exceptions) Google TV update came right on time compared to logitech devices, the phones I've had as well were pretty well updated. Wish HTC would be a little better at this though like they were when they started with the G1 and Hero.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]ankhnext[/nom]More, more, more... and you forgot... more infected. If you want a professional way OS, go with Blackberry's OS.[/citation]
And hardly anyone uses Blackberry. Not even many of the professionals who used to still do. Yes, there is malware problems, but guess what, anything popular will.

Of course what is so funny to me is people have said that Linux was so secure when comparing it to Windows, but Android is a Linux build and is being targeted by writers of smartphone malware because of it's popularity. So much for being the invulnerable target people claimed.

All one has to do is be smart about what they install. iOS has it's malware issues as well and if Windows smartphones keep gaining momentum, they will as well. And yes, even Blackberry if it becomes popular again will have issues as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.