'Android Contacts Storage' process burning up battery/CPU time

shahrd

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
So I'm using the app 'Battery Drain Analyzer Pro' and here's a screen shot of it's analysis about which apps are drawing the most power: http://i.imgur.com/iIhFgdh.jpg?1

At the very top, 'Android Contacts Storage' is taking a significantly larger proportion of cpu time and is negatively impacting battery life followed by calendar storage, etc. I tried googling around for a solution but nothing solid came up. Wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I tried turning off sync with my google account but that didn't help and neither did restarting it or anything like that.

I am currently on the LG G2 verizon model and am currently on stock rom but rooted. I appreciate any help y'all could give me. Thanks

Solution
try a different app to check your battery drain.

something looks odd with that...

the biggest drains are:

-3g
-gps
-wifi
-lcd backlight
-processor

however typically unless you have a very cpu happy app (contacts is not typically a culprit) its not going to be a big deal

---

before you get worried check it again on a different app. i find it odd how its reported as 1000%+ percent. typically apps list either mah drain, cpu time or % of 100 usage.

you said you are rooted... going with cyanogenmod or mui roms can save battery life over some of the manufacturer roms. i know i got shit battery life on htc sense (i gained 3-4 hours by going with miui). not really an answer to the app question but its an idea.
try a different app to check your battery drain.

something looks odd with that...

the biggest drains are:

-3g
-gps
-wifi
-lcd backlight
-processor

however typically unless you have a very cpu happy app (contacts is not typically a culprit) its not going to be a big deal

---

before you get worried check it again on a different app. i find it odd how its reported as 1000%+ percent. typically apps list either mah drain, cpu time or % of 100 usage.

you said you are rooted... going with cyanogenmod or mui roms can save battery life over some of the manufacturer roms. i know i got shit battery life on htc sense (i gained 3-4 hours by going with miui). not really an answer to the app question but its an idea.

Solution

shahrd

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
So I checked it again with a different app and seems like all the normal battery draining applications are there so I'm not too worried. Battery life has been fantastic thus far so I was excited to see that I might have been able to improve it more but, oh well. Thanks for the help!