Android Developers Create Siri Rival "Iris" in 8 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yay! Now I can say that I don't use Siri/Iris because I don't give a shit, rather than because I don't own an iPhone. Take that smug Apple iHoles.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Android to Apple:
I know what your thinking, You're gonna sue me.
Well, I got two words for ya!
Byte Me! Byte Me!

G

Six to eight hours? If it was really so easy to do, why did they wait for Apple to come out with it first?

G

"Andy Rubin: smartphone users should talk to people, not to their devices ". Hilarious. Wonder whether he told "Google Search By Voice" Team to not to talk to their computers.

buzzintechnology.com

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]Siri, Iris? Pure genius!Iris sounds better, Siri is more like Slurry, Slurpee, Slushee[/citation]

damn you, now my craving for a slushy has returned, and the only way to quench it within driving distance is a theater,

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]geoff12345[/nom]Six to eight hours? If it was really so easy to do, why did they wait for Apple to come out with it first?[/citation]
When Android FIRST FOUND OUT about Siri, they decided to bring competition in the AI field. In 8 hours and being one heck of an AI, Iris is impressive.

[citation][nom]animegeek32[/nom]Did anyone notice that Iris is "Siri" spelled backwards?[/citation]
Yeah, just Android poking at Siri.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
It's not 8 hours, people! First of all, this an alpha product. Not even close to ready for deployment. Second of all, did you not read the part about them working on the NLP and machine learning for over a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.