Android Market, Google Music, Books Now All Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
After reading this article I decided to go to the android market and sure enough there is an update for google play movies. The reviews say it cant be uninstalled so I think i'll pass on installing this.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]SIRRAGEALOT[/nom]Google: What Apple technology will they steal next?![/citation]
Please explain what was stolen that wasn't already there before the iPhone.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]SIRRAGEALOT[/nom]Google: What Apple technology will they steal next?![/citation]
Fanboys: What won't they mistakenly credit to Apple next?!

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]RemiixedHD[/nom]Man, I really wanted a Tablet made by "GOOGLE"[/citation]

They are making one, it's just not going to be called "play"
It will be made by ASUS and probably have the Nexus name, unless ASUS has a say in what it's called.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
"But in reality, getting everything to work can be the exact opposite—moving files between your computers, endless syncing across your devices, and wires…lots of wires. Today we’re eliminating all that hassle."

Maybe I'm the only one here who thinks this, but merging everything like this does not help me at all. I imagine trying to download an HD movie or large file (or batch of files) on an incredibly slow 3g network (Thank you Sprint for not including a still slow but somewhat more usable 4g network in my area) would be more of a hassle than pulling the MicroUSB cable out of my car and hooking my phone up to my laptop. In addition, streaming apps like Pandora and Grooveshark give me music, Youtube gives me videos, and I have a laptop for movies (movies on a 4 inch screen is NOT the way to go). Now I will just have more crap I can't get rid of on my phone. Google, can't you at least make these features optional?

G

A little late in the game, isn't it? I've been doing all this for a long while through Amazon (who did this all before Apple!) and will not switch, despite enjoying the options offered by Android. I don't care about where I store my music collection, but I can't port my Kindle bookshelf, and neither Google or Apple can outcompete there.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
In that case I won't notice ANY difference in the market except that I accepted a new agreement.
Because Google Music isn't available in any other country.

Way to go Google, way to go.

v3rlon

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
So it is kind of like iTunes now, but eithout movie purchases. Neat - almost. I am not claiming Apple invented all this, but sheesh Google...2010 is soooo 2 years ago. Where have you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.