Android Marshmallow Lock Screen

Brandi_97

Commendable
May 11, 2016
I have set my Galaxy Note Edge to have no lockscreen. This has always worked until the Marshmallow update. It is still set to "none" under the lockscreen settings, but yet the lockscreen won't go away. Please tell me we are not stuck with it! Any suggestions?

Solution
Google always has preference in regards to ads, so you should be able to log into the account and make sure that you aren't getting any.

The ads, to be honest, I am not sure is from them. It may be coming from an app. You might want to check that.

And yes, everything I have read on the lock/swipe issue has all been very unhappy people. People who like you, don't need it. It is really a feature that should be optional.
Are you referring to the "Swipe" requirement? Or what some are calling the "Double Lock" issue after the update?

If so, well, so far, I have found no fix for this. It has been going on since last month. A lot of very unhappy people out there over the change. All information I have found says it was an intentional change, supposedly to keep from pocket dialing. True or not, I cannot say, however it seems they have added it on purpose.

You can try Turning off Trust Agent "Smart Lock (Googl )" and then reboot to see if it helps. You can find it by going to..

"Settings", then "Lock Screen and Security". Then choose "Other Security Settings", and finally "Trust Agents".

But to be honest, I don't think that will do it. It is a change that Google made and would have to unmake, or add an option to turn it off.

Brandi_97

Commendable
May 11, 2016
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Good to know I'm not the only one! I'm not sure which it is since I don't know what the double lock thing is -I think it's just the swipe requirement. I don't want to have to swipe to open it! I had it set with no lock screen so I didn't have to swipe. My wallet type cover keeps any keys from being pressed, so if they made this a requirement, then they shouldn't have! What is even worse it that it has ads on the lock screen (or swipe screen) -that was really wrong of them! I switched my tablet from Kindle Fire to Android simply because I don't want to look at ads -they are an ugly eye sore to me! Now, a phone that I have purchased that didn't have ads, suddenly has ads on the 1st screen I see and I have no choice about it! Wrong, wrong wrong! Shame on them if that is the case! I'm hoping someone has found a solution that we are missing!

Google always has preference in regards to ads, so you should be able to log into the account and make sure that you aren't getting any.

The ads, to be honest, I am not sure is from them. It may be coming from an app. You might want to check that.

And yes, everything I have read on the lock/swipe issue has all been very unhappy people. People who like you, don't need it. It is really a feature that should be optional.

Solution