android overclocking apps and monitoring

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
hi, I have a moto g quad core 1.2ghz phone and im going to buy another phone in a month or two but I want to overclock my moto g phone?

what is the best programs to do this?

also I read this guide and it says this

Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk! This installation process assumes that you have either PhilZ or CWM or TWRP Recovery flashed on your Moto G

what does that mean? how and where or what do you do to have philz cwm or twrp where do you get and how do you flash these on your phone.

also if there is a better guide or program to use for overclocking your phone please let me know for there so many illigitament google play apps out there. my android is 4.4 kitkat

techtechie

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014
in android language it means a custom boot/bios menu. it is used to flash zipped flies containing mods, tweaks, or roms(modified versions of android) to your phone. if you flash a rom most of them leave a 'performance' submenu in the settings from where you can overclock and adjust the governor. here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/development/moto-g-index-thread-3g-t2808176) is a thread on xda forums that contain roms and custom recovery in an organized fashion with the rom thread im sure there are guides on how to go about everything. but first things first you need to have your device rooted.

techtechie

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014

your network security stays the same. rooting your device will install an app called superuser and that app will require permission for some apps to run and if you give permission to the wrong things than and only than you compromise your security, but if you know what your doing you shouldn't have a problem. i believe if memory serves me right when entering the performance sttings superuser will ask you for permission.

also a note: rooting will void your warranty

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
ok thanks, and one other question say I root the device and then later decide to sell the device. can I unroot the device back to its original state? if so where could I find a reputable site for rooting and unrooting