Android problems (Galaxy Ace)

Derr1

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Hey all, I have a Samsung galaxy ace, today I was using whatsapp when i clicked the new camera button for whatsapp to take a picture, it took it, then the screen just froze. after this whatsapp keeps force closing on me, as well as every single app, including messages and internet. What should I do?
I'm running 2.3 Rooted
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

Uninstall Whatsapp and Facebook (if you have)
Shut down phone and go to recovery mode. To go in recovery mode press and hold volume up + home button + power button for few seconds
In recovery mode wipe Cache partition

In case you have CWM recovery, wipe dalvik cache from advance and format cache from mounts and storage.

If this doesn't worked, factory reset it.
I would try the following:
1. Uninstall all the apps or go back to their default version. Then try to update all the apps,
2. If that doesn't work, then try to install an anti virus software onto your phone and run it to make sure that no viruses have got through,
3. if that doesn't work, then backup your phone and try re-rooting your phone,
4. If all that fails then try to do a factory reset and re-install all the apps.

Derr1

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

I can't update, The latest version for me is 2.3 :/
I cleared some internal memory for some reason it said I had 0 kb free for some reason, but after i cleared a couple hundred kb it worked, weird..
I'm thinking of doing a reset.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Uninstall Whatsapp and Facebook (if you have)
Shut down phone and go to recovery mode. To go in recovery mode press and hold volume up + home button + power button for few seconds
In recovery mode wipe Cache partition

In case you have CWM recovery, wipe dalvik cache from advance and format cache from mounts and storage.

If this doesn't worked, factory reset it.

Solution

swiftleeo

Estimable
Jul 20, 2014
Your problem was caused because your phone is eh. Time for an upgrade. If you want the best performance at a reasonable price, as well as easy root/unlock, may I refer you to the beauty that is the Nexus line (4 is cheaper but 5 is newer and costs about 400 for the 32gb version)

Derr1

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

I know what you mean!
It wasn't even particularly high end when I got it. I'm considering something like a Moto G or a Galaxy SIII as they are good for a budget. Or maybe I'll stretch the budget for a Nexus 5, can't seem to find a Nexus 4 any more in the UK

swiftleeo

Estimable
Jul 20, 2014

No go Galaxy. Moto G is the way to go. Moto G is not as good performance wise, but Motorola is a better company that comes out with new products versus the same stuff Apple tries to pull. Honestly if you can afford it, the Moto X is awesome. If not, Moto G.

swiftleeo

Estimable
Jul 20, 2014

No go Galaxy. Moto G is the way to go. Moto G is not as good performance wise, but Motorola is a better company that comes out with new products versus the same stuff Apple tries to pull. Honestly if you can afford it, the Moto X is awesome. If not, Moto G.

Huh.. double post??