Solved! Android won't read/detect SD after adjestments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2020
Hello,
a while back I was trying to find a way to store applications in my SD card (which was working fine until then). I was browsing the internet for info and one solution had me to make some changes in my storage options. Long story short, my device stopped recognising the SD card. Even though the card is detected when I go to Options > Storage (it's there and it's empty) in every other case my phone acts as if the SD card doesn't exist. I don't remember anymore the inital steps I had taken to store apps in the SD, it's been a long time since then.
What can I do now to start using my SD again ?

Thanks

Reactions: ScottLewis
Solution
First you need to check whether the problem is in your SD card or in your Mobile phones.
To check SD card, You need to connect with PC via Card Reader and check whether it is showing your data or not?
If your data is showing on PC then the problem is in your mobile phone.
I will tell you some useful methods to read SD card in your mobile phone:
  • Re insert your SD card in mobile and Restart you phone
  • sometimes some third party app prevents mobile phone to read SD card and it this case you can Restart your mobile in SAFE MODE.
if you get same problem after following above methods then i think problem is Mobile hardware and you should go to Mobile service Centre.

sadiqrehan

Great
Jul 29, 2020
First you need to check whether the problem is in your SD card or in your Mobile phones.
To check SD card, You need to connect with PC via Card Reader and check whether it is showing your data or not?
If your data is showing on PC then the problem is in your mobile phone.
I will tell you some useful methods to read SD card in your mobile phone:
  • Re insert your SD card in mobile and Restart you phone
  • sometimes some third party app prevents mobile phone to read SD card and it this case you can Restart your mobile in SAFE MODE.
if you get same problem after following above methods then i think problem is Mobile hardware and you should go to Mobile service Centre.

Reactions: ScottLewis
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.