Angry Customers Flood Netflix's Twitter, Facebook

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Hmm... maybe I'll just cancel my netflix streaming then. Besides, I can rip the DVDs to my computer then, who cares if I'm supposed to? Or, better yet, I'll just go to bittorrent instead. Much easier.

doodle22

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
PotShotScott is 100% correct.

Too dang many people in our country think that they DESERVE things such as low prices (and free goods & services from the gov't). I agree that people should voice their concern about the new pricing structure, and I partially agree about the whining. Telling NetFlix why you don't like the new prices in an honest and respectful manner is a good thing BUT soo many people are being pedantic and 'threatening' to cancel, which IS whining. These people sound less civil and intelligent than my 6 yr old niece who is a major brat and stomps her feet and cries when she doesn't get what she wants. When she is civil and asks nicely, she ends up getting what she wants far more than stomping and crying.

The guy who thinks AntiSec will get involved clearly shows how out of touch so many people are with reality. Same goes for the person who thinks CableTV is a better deal than NetFlix - $6-8 PER movie rental for 24hrs is a joke.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]And they couldn't just add an $8/mo DVD-only plan because.... why?Greed.[/citation]

And you want a pay raise on your job because....why?

Greed

You are not any better and just as greedy hypocrite.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]doodle22[/nom]PotShotScott is 100% correct.Too dang many people in our country think that they DESERVE things such as low prices (and free goods & services from the gov't). I agree that people should voice their concern about the new pricing structure, and I partially agree about the whining. Telling NetFlix why you don't like the new prices in an honest and respectful manner is a good thing BUT soo many people are being pedantic and 'threatening' to cancel, which IS whining. These people sound less civil and intelligent than my 6 yr old niece who is a major brat and stomps her feet and cries when she doesn't get what she wants. When she is civil and asks nicely, she ends up getting what she wants far more than stomping and crying.The guy who thinks AntiSec will get involved clearly shows how out of touch so many people are with reality. Same goes for the person who thinks CableTV is a better deal than NetFlix - $6-8 PER movie rental for 24hrs is a joke.[/citation]

That's right. Don't get your panties all in a wad! If you don't like it, just cancel. GEESH!

G

FYI, when you go to cancel your account the brilliant marketing people don't have any open field where you can explain why you terminate the agreement, just some lame ideas as to why they think anyone would quit. It is clear, Netflix does not care about what consumers think and want, they only want our money.

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
This is the content provider's fault, not Netflix. They're not trying to be money-grubbing bastards, they just know that they're about to be anally raped by the content providers, who would like nothing more than to see Netflix flop.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I really don't get the big deal of this. Yes, how unfortunate that you won't get both services for that nice $9.99. Just pick your poison then. Or another online rental company. Now how they handled it is kind of wrong. Should've just grandfathered current members into their current plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.