Animator's Resume Points to October Release for GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Shame on whatever douche that broke this. We animators rely on sharing work when applying for jobs. Some projects take five years to release. If the studios start cracking down on what animators share in their reels and resumes, many animators will be screwed with outdated reels. Someone find the HR that broke this and black list them stat.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I hope GTA 5 isn't nearly as poorly optimized. I remember upgrading my last PC partially because of how inadequate GTA 4 made my last one feel. If this can't run smoothly on my i7-930 + GTX 570, I'm gonna be pretty pissed at Rockstar.

That said--the free mayhem concept is getting a bit long in tooth. I highly doubt they're going to provide an experience to match Just Cause 2. But I guess their signature high-quality voice acting does separate it from Just Cause 2. Still, it'll need something extra to carry it--not just GTA 3 again and again.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]dalauder[/nom] If this can't run smoothly on my i7-930 + GTX 570, I'm gonna be pretty pissed at Rockstar.[/citation]
On the other hand, if the game recommends that setup to run smoothly, I guess us PC gamers need not cry as much about "crap console ports". Lets hope this game is smooth, optimized well and looks beautiful.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
[citation][nom]AnonymousAngryAnimator[/nom]Shame on whatever douche that broke this. We animators rely on sharing work when applying for jobs. Some projects take five years to release. If the studios start cracking down on what animators share in their reels and resumes, many animators will be screwed with outdated reels. Someone find the HR that broke this and black list them stat.[/citation]

It might not be an HR person. It could be just a kid trying to find out when the game will be out. Anybody can google "GTA 5 release date" and read a CV if that's what pops up in search results.

Either way, Mr. O'Dwyer screwed up. Future release dates are confidential employer info. You can't make that info available to the employer's competitors - who are after all the companies most likely to need his skill set and read that CV.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]dalauder[/nom]I hope GTA 5 isn't nearly as poorly optimized. I remember upgrading my last PC partially because of how inadequate GTA 4 made my last one feel. If this can't run smoothly on my i7-930 + GTX 570, I'm gonna be pretty pissed at Rockstar. [/citation]

i hear ya. but dont hold your breath. PC gamers are always treated like the red headed step child when it comes to Rockstar. the only light at the end or our tunnel is Steam. i dont know if GTA V will be on steam or not, but steam has saved PC games imop.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]On the other hand, if the game recommends that setup to run smoothly, I guess us PC gamers need not cry as much about "crap console ports". Lets hope this game is smooth, optimized well and looks beautiful.[/citation]Although I agree that those would be nice "recommended specs", the only reason GTA IV needed much hardware was because it was a poorly coded port. Even if it ends up recommending those specs, I'm just hoping it actually needs them.

Status
Not open for further replies.