Annoying sound with mouse at polling rate of 1000hz. Will ground loop isolater help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbopixel

Estimable
May 18, 2015
I found out, that my mouse with polling rate of 1000hz does make a sound from pc speakers when I move it. The sound will be less with lower polling rate (but still there), but thats no option to me. And it begins to be audible with louder speaker settings and at some point it begins to annoy. I use analog onboard sound and Edifier S760D 5.1 speaker setup.

I know some of you will say "what? onboard with higher speaker setup?" and that I complain about it. I use it for years and the quality is really good to me, besides this and a noise if I go louder speaker, while gaming PUBG in example with many quiet passages. I didn't experience many problems, but this is one. Thats why I ordered a soundcard, the ASUS Xonar DX. I hope it will help, if not I RMA it.

I tried some different things before doing this, including usage of different USB ports. Is it possible to resolve the mouse polling rate sound with a Audiocable Ground Loop Isolator? I don't know if this is related to it.

Mainboard Audio ASRock Z97 Extreme6:
"
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec)
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports Purity Sound™ 2
- Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
- 115dB SNR DAC with differential amplifier
- TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier (Supports up to 600 ohm headsets)
- Direct Drive Technology
- EMI shielding cover
- PCB isolate shielding
- Supports DTS Connect
"

turbopixel

Estimable
May 18, 2015
The problem is audio/hifi problem. The mouse itself is working great and probably evey mouse with a polling rate of 1000hz would cause a sound, as mainboard seem to have bad shieldìng.

turbopixel

Estimable
May 18, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from turbopixel : "Strange noise at 1000hz mouse polling rate"

Please, don't move this thread. It is audio related, caused by a mouse.

I found out, that my mouse with polling rate of 1000hz does make a sound from pc speakers when I move it. The sound will be less with lower polling rate (but still there), but thats no option to me. And it begins to be audible with louder speaker settings and at some point it begins to annoy. I use analog onboard sound and Edifier S760D 5.1 speaker setup.

I know some of you will say "what? onboard with higher speaker setup?" and that I complain about it. I use it for years and the quality is really good to me, besides this and a noise if I go louder speaker, while gaming PUBG in example with many quiet passages. I didn't experience many problems, but this is one. Thats why I ordered a soundcard, the ASUS Xonar DX. I hope it will help, if not I RMA it.

I tried some different things before doing this, including usage of different USB ports. Is it possible to resolve the mouse polling rate sound with a Audiocable Ground Loop Isolator? I don't know if this is related to it.

Mainboard Audio ASRock Z97 Extreme6:
"
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec)
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports Purity Sound™ 2
- Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
- 115dB SNR DAC with differential amplifier
- TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier (Supports up to 600 ohm headsets)
- Direct Drive Technology
- EMI shielding cover
- PCB isolate shielding
- Supports DTS Connect
"

Status
Not open for further replies.