Anonymous Teases NATO Hack, Challenges FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
"It is our mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you can possibly to do make us stop"

Damn, they are making the FBI look like a little baby back bitch.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
but the file has sense been removed.
since*.
sounds war is brewing in the virtual wild west.
like* (is missing).

that was just a quick skimming.

As far as the article goes: I'd love to know what the FBI/NATO has done to piss off these hackers so much! lol

weaselsmasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I think there are a few people who are about to slip on the soap a few dozen times in a jail cell. The FBI and NATO, if they get angry enough, aren't going to bother with civil rights and trials. Look up how NATO handled things when the Red Brigade started attacking NATO officials back in the 70's... basically, NATO members set loose their intelligence organizations and assassinated any suspected Red Brigade member. As in, dead dead dead.

Let's see if these so-called "hacktivists" are prepared to endure "enhanced interrogation" or being fitted for a shallow grave for their beliefs. It's going to come to that if they keep poking people who are above the law with sticks. Given that Lulz have harmed millions of ordinary citizens with their data exposures, they're also going to have a whole lot less public support than they seem to think they do. They haven't attacked Sony; they've attacked Sony customers. Anyone who has been harmed by Lulz' data exposures is going to fully back anything that the FBI and NATO does in retaliation, up to and including physical harm and 'disappearances'.

This isn't a game any more, but Lulz is just plain too stupid and adolescent to realize that.

Yet.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]weaselsmasher[/nom]I think there are a few people who are about to slip on the soap a few dozen times in a jail cell. The FBI and NATO, if they get angry enough, aren't going to bother with civil rights and trials. Look up how NATO handled things when the Red Brigade started attacking NATO officials back in the 70's... basically, NATO members set loose their intelligence organizations and assassinated any suspected Red Brigade member. As in, dead dead dead.Let's see if these so-called "hacktivists" are prepared to endure "enhanced interrogation" or being fitted for a shallow grave for their beliefs. It's going to come to that if they keep poking people who are above the law with sticks. Given that Lulz have harmed millions of ordinary citizens with their data exposures, they're also going to have a whole lot less public support than they seem to think they do. They haven't attacked Sony; they've attacked Sony customers. Anyone who has been harmed by Lulz' data exposures is going to fully back anything that the FBI and NATO does in retaliation, up to and including physical harm and 'disappearances'.This isn't a game any more, but Lulz is just plain too stupid and adolescent to realize that.Yet.[/citation]

What you have there is a personal opinion. What history has on its side, even recent history, is that if people are made aware that they are being treated poorly, they will retaliate. If I find out that these...let's say 'rebels' are being tortured or unjustly prosecuted, I may myself join the cause. Anonymous isn't full of hot steam. "Where one falls, thousands take his place"

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah great blah blah disappearances scary etc etc. You are assuming they are going to FIND anonymous or lulzsec members.

And don't tell me they already have - they just picked up some idiot script kiddies who didn't think to use a Level 1 proxy in China, and now they are blowing their own trumpet.

The authorities cannot win. This will only stop when the hackers decide it should.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
wow these dumb f' forgot about the red brigade. expect alot of dead bodies and missing persons reports soon.
all this hacking explains why the net has been so slow and taking a chit completely on these days. i'm just going to start telling people when the net is slow it's all because of hackers if there is no physical reason such as a fishing trawler breaking a com line in the ocean or terrorists blowing up sky scrapers over major communications hubs.
IP needs to be totally reinvented to tie into your phone number. even if it's just the kid pirating wi-fi from a neighbor across the street, the feds will be in the right area immediately.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]What you have there is a personal opinion. What history has on its side, even recent history, is that if people are made aware that they are being treated poorly, they will retaliate. If I find out that these...let's say 'rebels' are being tortured or unjustly prosecuted, I may myself join the cause. Anonymous isn't full of hot steam. "Where one falls, thousands take his place"[/citation]
Your comment reminds me of the book 1984 where the party instead of creating martyrs converts party enemies in the "Ministry of Love" to actually love Big Brother.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
They don't need to release sensitive files to prove how much they have stolen, sure, one for the public ok, but they could just say "page 4, row 7 second word is ..." and it would be evidence neough for nato that they have that document.

unclealek2659

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
These children are going to piss off the wrong group of people sooner or later and there won't be any arrests, warrants, courts, etc. They will just start disappearing.

who else could the possibly piss off? the hacked NATO, just about every important country belongs to it (excluding asia). lets face it, no one truly knows how to handle these guys, and if they ever do catch them, they will be asked to work for us

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I find it really funny that the FBI uses the term unlawful when in fact they commit most of the unlawful acts especially when it comes to domestic surveillance. I applaud anon for digging into deeper rabbit holes to see what misdeeds countries have done. I also applaud them for not releasing data that could potentially put countries in danger. What I don't like is for an anonymous group that itself cannot be audited to hold information that can be damaging. I wish there were a world auditor that were completely transparent that could review all classified documents and if someone is doing something unethical or potentially dangerous they would be exposed for it. Though what county would give up this information freely which leads me back to why I applaud anon for going after secrets that countries wish to keep under covers.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I see a lot of statements that Anons are just going to start disappearing, but it isn't just a few people, and when those missing reports start showing up, there's going to be some digging for answers. You aren't dealing with some merc with an automatic weapon with no family to go back to, you're dealing with people that could potentially get into and release information so sensitive it could start a major war. They are also people with families who will notice them gone. They aren't soldiers on a battlefield, they're civilians. The more the government pushes, the more they will get pushed back.

And really....who's coming out worse here? The FBI getting upset at and arresting college kids is like an adult getting into a shouting match with an 8 year old. No matter what they do, they will look foolish. They should just drop it and let it fade out of the public eye. As an American, I have to question how the people who are supposed to be professionals and worthy of their salaries are getting the runaround by some teens. What are the professional hackers in China leaving with if some kids can do this?

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
My biggest comment and thought for this is: It's the people starting to push back. I can understand the need to hide certain information from the public, as, for the mob-mentality, people as a whole tend to panic, become aggressive, etc. All those wonderfully destructive emotions that bubble forth when confronted with something they can't understand. What I like about Anon is that they don't do things just for fame, as in this case. They're not saying "looky at what we got!", it's more along the lines of "don't push too hard, and watch what you try to sell the public." In high school, my computer science class had all sorts of spyware that would allow the V.P. and Principal to see everything you had on your screen and HDD at any given time. Well, through a blatant exploit in an MS program, we were able to back-door these systems, and, even with deep freeze, would find and wipe out any software they installed. People would be playing games, surfing the net, etc. Our teacher never cared. Why? Through the freedoms we allowed them, they were overall more productive. They played games. Sure, AFTER they finished things. They were surfing the web. Of course, the best source of information, including sites that are quite often blocked by school servers. Moral of the story? Big Brother isn't the answer. Creativity and freedom is.

Apologies for the run on paragraph and the seemingly random story, but, I hope you understand the analogical references. Props to Anon for, once again, giving the finger to the one's that want to continue to run their mouth. As for the FBI and NATO? Good luck. You'll need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.