Anonymous Warns of Weekly Scheduled Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
The "shut down the internet" plan never came from anonymous. The problem with anonymous, is that anybody can claim to be them. That specific plan never came from any official anonymous source though, and the official source denied the plan.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
So they'll keep trying to take down sites? This is the kind of protest that doesn't hurt anyone, not even those attacked. Site goes down? Oops. Reboot.

NatureTM

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I'm a little annoyed with the last line of the article, "These DDoS attacks have also infiltrated Chinese government websites as well," specifically the word "infiltrated." Either this is a case of trying to sensationalize an internet traffic jam, or the author needs to review what a DDoS actually is.

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
no point on doing this! If they want to attack, they should make the targets lose money somehow! And governaments are never the real problem, most times companies behind them!

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
This is how easy to is to stop DDOS. Put those few lines of code into your router (pending which version you have, syntax changes) and DDOS goes out the window.

Sub xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for LAN IP router addr

#port 22 (telnet ssh?)
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --dport 22 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 5/min -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
#port 23 (telnet non ssh)
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --dport 23 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 23 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 5/min -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 23 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Why do we have to keep seeing these "news" posts here? Some idiots with too much free time on their hands announcing "threats" against the internet every week isn't news. How about waiting until something actually happens before considering it news worthy enough to post?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]Whatever happened to the 'shut down internet' plan? I was really looking forward to that![/citation]
Me too!

Goodbye, Internet! Hello, social life!

G

If people would stop publishing this as "news" they might dry up and blow away

G

@antilycus
hahaha
that works only against basic DDOS, there are ways to bypass that. just go read a good ddos tutorial online and you wil realize your error.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]antilycus[/nom]This is how easy to is to stop DDOS. Put those few lines of code into your router (pending which version you have, syntax changes) and DDOS goes out the window.Sub xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for LAN IP router addr#port 22 (telnet ssh?)iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --dport 22 -j DROPiptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --dport 22 -j ACCEPTiptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 5/min -j ACCEPTiptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT#port 23 (telnet non ssh)iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --dport 23 -j DROPiptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 23 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 5/min -j ACCEPTiptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 23 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT[/citation]
Lol, if it were really that simple, do you think massive corporations and government organizations would be having these problems? The real problem is that DDOS attacks aren't the real attacks in most anonymous threats, but instead merely decoys while they data-mine whoever is caught off guard.

G

Two wrongs don't make a right. Anonymous are a bunch of self righteous tools that think they can declare what is acceptable and what's not. If they had any real conviction I'm sure they could think of other ways to voice their opinions. But no...if they are upset by something their response is always the same: DDoS.

Waahh McDonalds sells unhealthy burgers - DDoS.
Waahh my government who pays me to sit at home unemployed and play with 'h4ck3r' software did something I think is bad - DDoS.
Waahh this government service hasn't offended me yet but I've found a vulnerability in their security system - DDoS.
Pathetic idiots.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I totally agree with you here Derrrpies. These idiot kiddies don't understand what kind of damage they create and what it costs to the customers and companies. Idiots...

Status
Not open for further replies.