Another Two Devs Jump Ship From Infinity Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzznut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
Its makes one wonder if several of them are heading to the same place or starting their own company. I've heard things were bad at Activision, but I don't think I've heard of this many guys jumping ship en masse before.

I imagine in this business that a long career at one job might be 5 years though..

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
dam every day. it really depends on how much they contributed to MW2. I'm guessing they are high level since they would leave a company in the middle of a recession. This is gonna effect MW3 etc..... negatively.

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
That's a lot of leads leaving the company, but I really don't care. I'm actually partial to Treyarch's games myself. World at War in my opinion is significantly better than Modern Warfare 2.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Any way of finding out who got terminated, and who actually resigned, and while listing the names isn't necessary, I'd love to know what's the ratio of terminated to resigned. Yeah, this sounds like a "walkout" and such things rarely happen without some systematic plan in the works. Good for them!

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
all 13 of them is a complete studio team. imagine if all of them are heading to Respawn entertainment. I wonder of activision owes them royalty payments too.

G

OK, first, what I've heard is that all but the two owners of the company resigned. Second, saying World at War is better than MW2 is like saying Yanni is better than Jay-Z, or my four year old is better than da Vinci, stay off the weed. Thirdly, Infinity Ward didn't deserve this, Activision did. How do you mess with a studio that just brought in 1.3 Billion in profits in six months? They should stay off the weed, too.

athlondude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I'd like to see an interview with the folks that have left to see why they left and what their plans are. In either case I hope every last one of them leaves Activision, the bastards deserve it after screwing up a great game franchise.

padlius

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I watched machinima your history belongs to us, they started off as 21. So 7 to go, but over time it doubled a few times so I would guess 80 left in studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.