Another Two Devs Jump Ship From Infinity Ward

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
basically everyone important to the dev team has left now, obivously not happy with activision and off to join west and zampella at the new company.

i imagine we will see a COD killer from them in the not too distant future.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]padlius[/nom]I watched machinima your history belongs to us, they started off as 21. So 7 to go, but over time it doubled a few times so I would guess 80 left in studio.[/citation]

Doesn't matter if 80 are left, the top people are gone.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
Good riddens. MW2 for the PC was a POS with no lean and no dedicated servers to name a couple. I hope this was a decision made by upper management and not the devs at the studio. I also hope those that have left to start their new studio remember who it was that helped make IW what it was and who it is who will help make or break the new venture. You stop giving a shit about PC gamers and your business may succeed but at a severe cost.

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
ABANDON SHIP!!! Wow This is really bad. Just look at the top wigs and Leads that are leaving. Now it seems like the small guys are slowly leaving too. This doesn't look good for MW3, if there will be any.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]IamNobody[/nom]OK, first, what I've heard is that all but the two owners of the company resigned. Second, saying World at War is better than MW2 is like saying Yanni is better than Jay-Z, or my four year old is better than da Vinci, stay off the weed. Thirdly, Infinity Ward didn't deserve this, Activision did. How do you mess with a studio that just brought in 1.3 Billion in profits in six months? They should stay off the weed, too.[/citation]

dude jay-z sux, and dont down your little girl like that. just cuz shes 4 dont mean she cant have more talent :p and who cares who deserved it i mean they own hte company ffs. Personaly i would have left to. sounds more like your hitting that wacky stick your self ;)

[citation][nom]IamNobody[/nom]I have no idea what i'm talking about.[/citation]
There, fixed.

First, the profits were generated by customer anticipation and media hype. This does not mean the game is not flawed. Second, the poster stated "in my opinion.." which does not mean that you must agree to it. Third, Jayz and Davinci are also "in your opinion" so what was your point in the first place? Last, read the article preceeding this one about infinity ward and you might feel different about the company; it doesn't seem like an ideal place to work.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
So pardon me for asking, but it doesn't seem fair that Actavision buys IW and then they all leave to start a new company.
I'm not pulling for Actavision here, I'd just rather things go down like MS and Bungie.

bloodlust22

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
Considering they killed the PC version which the MP is god damn aweful I could really care less. Maybe next time they will stick with making there ports to the consoles and leave the PC version alone and keep it like it should be. Maybe they all left because they where underpaid. Should of charged $100 for the pos.

x7thBurn

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Of course the PC gamers make it seem like they are the only ones that exist. Millions more people played MW1 and on from a console. Quit being martyrs.

jcknouse

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]So pardon me for asking, but it doesn't seem fair that Actavision buys IW and then they all leave to start a new company.I'm not pulling for Actavision here, I'd just rather things go down like MS and Bungie.[/citation]

Activision invested in that group by purchasing it. It was a risk, and they knew it.

I think if they'd have treated their staff better, the exodus wouldn't be happening.

I have the feeling that on the inside of all this, it has to do with promises being made and not kept by Activision and hence those guys are leaving en masse because they know they can go do their own thing and get 10 times the remuneration for their efforts.

pesh

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
I think there is alot of BS floating around.. IW knows how to create a game.. you CANNOT blame MW2 being a flop just on IW.. Im sure activition had part in taking away the dedicated servers support... MW was amazing and I think Activision got too involved this time around

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
So, I was wondering if you guys might start including info on where these guys leaving IW end up. I just think it'd be interesting to see if most of them relocate to the same developer or if they scatter and are snatched up by random developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.