Antitrust Officials to Meet About Google's Business Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjohnz

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Google has one motto, "Don't be evil." The day they are an evil monopoly is the day that they stop being Google. It isn't really their fault that they've figured out a way to offer many essentially free resources to all consumers while still making a profit in the end. This isn't like the Microsoft monopoly days where Bill would literally give out software at a major loss in order to kill competition. I just want to ask the officials one thing, how do they recommend Google to go and start charging for the services they happily provide for free right now?

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I'm with the officials on this one. Even though I respect Google, they're sneaking such practices under everyone's noses for long and nobody does anything about it.

wanderer11

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I don't understand why Google has to even list competitor's products in searches. They are a free service and no one has to use them.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]wanderer11[/nom]I don't understand why Google has to even list competitor's products in searches. They are a free service and no one has to use them.[/citation]

exactly. there are other people to. google never forced anyone to do anything, they all went to google because it was... here is a shock... WORLD BETTER THAN OTHER SITES

you want hotmail... 20mb of storage space
you want yahoo... 100mb of storage space
you get google... 2gb and constantly increaseing

thats when it was new, google owned the market

google also owned search because... remember in the past, what altavista and what yahoo looked like, i just went and they both cleaned themselves up significantly, but they use to have so much clutter it was hard to find the search bar, or even see results compared to google.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Google getting in crap for advertising there own services on there web page?
Honestly if you don't like what google is doing use a different search engine.

G

"The United States trade agency is also examining Google decisions pertaining to technology licensing, which has received attention due to criticism of it being anti-competitive."

Yeah, like all of that open source stuff they own and contribute to, like Android, the number one consumer operating system, which is free and open source... Way too restrictive on the licensing...

/sarcasm

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
the FTC has banks that are too big to fail to be going after first, how about microsoft for 2nd, and for 3rd apple, 4th genetically engineered seed monasto, 5th pharmaceutical makers, 6th telecommunication industries like cable.

google is a free service YOU CHOOSE TO USE instead of bing, yahoo or facecr@p. anybody investigating google might as well sue themselves silly for violating darwins theory and inflicting the rest of us with misery for having to tell them to shut up.

erick81

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Instead of going after big mean Google who are right now bringing gigabit to people in Kansas some of which have never had an option past dial up but still get charged broadband prices for it and go after the cable companies who have monopolized territories.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]wanderer11[/nom]I don't understand why Google has to even list competitor's products in searches. They are a free service and no one has to use them.[/citation]
that will be conning the consumer, it's bad, and it should be illegal (if it isn't)

but I don't think google does that, I think they are quite competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.