Antivirus conflicts between muiltiple operating systems

Ethoward

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
Hey I've got a PC that I built. I have 6 HDDs with 3 operating systems on 3 of the HDDs. I've got windows 10 pro 32 bit on my first drive(I use this for less intense gaming, youtube, netflix, skype, work, and music), windows 7 64 bit home prem on my 3rd drive (I use this for higher end gaming, skype, photo editing, and recording) and and linux Ubuntu on my 5th drive (I use this for coding, server hosting, and file managing). My windows 10 has 2 anti virus programs Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free) and norton 360 (subscribed), when my windows 7 has Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free) and avast (free), and when i switch between the two OS my anti-viruses turn off or deactivate and sometimes give me errors. Any suggests how to prevent the programs from conflicting each other on the other os.

Well, the best solution is to just drop the 32bit win 10 and win 7 home and just use 64bit win 10 pro. You can then use norton 360 and malwarebytes exclusively, and your FPS will increase in high end gaming and editing times will decrease (both by small, but noticeable amounts). That would also let you enable hyper-V and let you run ubuntu in a virtual machine so you don't need to restart to access it (though lack of vGPU support in client hyper-v means you won't be doing much CAD on the VM).

If you must (for some wild reason I can't actually imagine) keep your current setup, you can try uninstalling both AV sets, then removing the other OS disk and reinstalling on one, then swapping and installing the other. That might stop some of the possible reasons for it.

Ethoward

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
I found out that I had a ad ware virus on one of my usb drives (i ran a complete system scan and found one of my emulators had an adware on it) and when i deleted the emulator my antiviruses stopped being weird. Also i think it helped that recently i upgraded my Graphics card and i had to disconnect and reconnect every thing so i re did my wiring and organized my hdds and cd drives in a better boot order