Antivirus doesn't erase virus

katie_34

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
So I have a viruses on my computer and I can't open anti viruses unless I'm on safe mode. When I go to safe mode the viruses don't erase and it says I don't have any viruses. I use malwarebytes and norton. One of the viruses I have for sure is svcvmx and a lot of other ones but none get erased and I've been doing custom scanned all day

Solution
Again, the easiest means of disinfection is to bypass the infected OS by not loading it. on our builds, we put an OS on the SSD. Then we create an identical size partition on the HD or SSHD and install a backup copy. If the SSD OS gets infected, we just boot to the SSHD / HD and disinfect from there and no popups.

Or, take the HD out put it in the BlacX and plug it into another box w/ decent protection. Shut down the pop up asking whether you want to look at the files if ya get one and just run the AV on the drive ... since the OS on that drive never loaded, no infected files are in play.

PsyKhiqZero

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Backup and restore. It's the only sure way to get rid of a virus that stubborn. But if your intent on deleting it, try opening task scheduler and deleting and disabling any task you see. then go back to safe mode.

What Anti Virus ... if we talking essentials or some free thing, I would just download a free trial of Kaspesky or BitDefender Internet security and go from there. If you have access to another PC ... one with a "paid for" AV solution, it's much easier to take the HD out and disinfect it from there. I use one of these to do this whenever an infected PC lands on my workbench.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153066

Must have done this 50 or 60 times and haven't been stopped yet ... worse instance had over 1200 infections. Sometimes the infection will be isolated and quarantined and you have to take the last few steps manually. But once the infection is identified, usually not hard to find the solution via web search

katie_34

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
I paid for norton anti virus and downloaded the other option they have free trial. And I tried disabling them on task manager but they pop right back up and I have too much stuff I need so I can't reset it

Again, the easiest means of disinfection is to bypass the infected OS by not loading it. on our builds, we put an OS on the SSD. Then we create an identical size partition on the HD or SSHD and install a backup copy. If the SSD OS gets infected, we just boot to the SSHD / HD and disinfect from there and no popups.

Or, take the HD out put it in the BlacX and plug it into another box w/ decent protection. Shut down the pop up asking whether you want to look at the files if ya get one and just run the AV on the drive ... since the OS on that drive never loaded, no infected files are in play.

Solution
The link to the BlacX was in my previous post. The BlacX is a HD docking station. As was described ...

1. You take the infected HD out of your PC.

2. You boot an uninfected PC with a solid AV program.

3. Take the infected HD and pop it into the BlacX

4. Plug the USB cable from the Black X into the uninfected PC.

5. Run the AV program and disinfect the drive ... as no infected files loaded during the boot process, it's easy peasy.