Antivirus Love App Opens A Browser Web Page - Desktop Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruzanon

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I have a random tab which opens in Chrome which loads on top of existing page or it opens a new tab. It says it's from MalwareBytes but also has on top left-hand side Antivirus Love App. When it loads on top of an existing open web page you can no longer get that page back because when you close it your original is gone also.
It also has at the bottom of the page links to several different antivirus companies.

Would appreciate any help,
many thanks, Cruzanon.

Solution
Many thanks mdd1963 for your reply, I think I have found the problem. I have a Chrome extension called MalwareBytes Anti Malware which was bringing up the page with links to MalwareBytes and other antivirus products even though I have MB premium.
I have disabled the extension and so far all good so I am sure that was the problem. I was going to attach a snip of the page and the extension but can't see how to add attachments here. They may have come in handy if someone else has this problem.
Thanks again, much appreciated,
Cruzanon

Cruzanon

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
Many thanks mdd1963 for your reply, I think I have found the problem. I have a Chrome extension called MalwareBytes Anti Malware which was bringing up the page with links to MalwareBytes and other antivirus products even though I have MB premium.
I have disabled the extension and so far all good so I am sure that was the problem. I was going to attach a snip of the page and the extension but can't see how to add attachments here. They may have come in handy if someone else has this problem.
Thanks again, much appreciated,
Cruzanon

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.