Any feedback on CyberpowerPC Tracer II T15300?

Daniel_317

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
Hey, all!

Trying to get my girlfriend a new computer to replace her dying machine, and we stumbled upon the CyberpowerPC Tracer Ii TI5300. It seems to be a really great deal on a 7th-Gen i7-7770 and GTX-1050TI with a nice RGB mechanical keyboard and extensive I/O. I'm just not sure about whether or not I should trust a CyberpowerPC laptop to not have tons of issues.

I spoke with a few other users on /r/suggestalaptop, and they seem to think it's just a rebranded Mech-15. I talked with a representative from Cyberpower and confirmed that the Tracer II is just a rebranded third-party laptop that they insert the SSD (a Western Digital Green M.2) and RAM into; the representative told me it has the model number GI5BN53 from its OEM, and he thinks the OEM is Clevo, but I can't find any record of a Clevo model laptop with that model number.

All that said, does anyone have any feedback on this laptop? Has anyone bought it and used it? If so...

• What's the screen like in terms of color reproduction, color accuracy, brightness, and contrast ratio?
    How solidly is it built?
    Do all the components work well?
    Is there any throttling of the CPU or GPU due to overheating?
    Would you recommend it?
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for any and all help ya'll can offer! I really appreciate it!

Solution
Looks like it's a Clevo N850HK - rebadged, as you mentioned. Clevo sell their own, and act as an OEM.

I don't have one personally, so can't comment from personal use but Clevo's build quality is usually solid, as is their cooling (relativel speaking).
Looks like it's a Clevo N850HK - rebadged, as you mentioned. Clevo sell their own, and act as an OEM.

I don't have one personally, so can't comment from personal use but Clevo's build quality is usually solid, as is their cooling (relativel speaking).

Solution

Daniel_317

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

Hey, thanks for the response and feedback! :)

Are you certain it's the Clevo N850HK, though? The Tracer II seems different from N850HK computers I'm seeing because the Tracer II has a mechanical keyboard, I/O and vents on the back of the machine, and a GTX 1050TI.

Is the Tracer II just a new revision of the N850HK?

Thanks!

Daniel_317

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

Huh, okay! Do you think the Mech-15 uses this chasis, too, then? Because the Tracer II really does look like an exact copy of that computer with slightly different IO. :p