Any good Gaming Headset/Headphones out there?

Goodfaler

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
Hello!

I need a new headphones and your advice. Now I'm using Sennheiser HD555 connected directly to my Mobo - MSI Z87-G45 Gaming, no extra sound card. I'm looking for a great headset or headphones for at 1st gaming, 2d movies. I'm not a professional online gamer, so all I need is an awesome sound quality and good bass to feel more in-game you know... Budget is not a big deal but it would be cool to stay in $160 limit if possible. Also I don't know for sure if I need an open-back headphones or closed, because all I've ever used were opened, so I don't know with which one I can get better sound quality and in-game feeling. Mic isn't necessary, but if it's there it's ok.

My main candidates are:
Sennheiser PC 363D (is there any huge difference with HD555? Heard they're based on them. And yes, I know about the included sound card). I can get them for $150 in my country.
HyperX Cloud 2 (I heard they're great in sound quality and hyperx just fixed the sound card problem with a software update). There is something strange with the price for them in my country (don't know why) they'll cost me $140
ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Digital $120 in my country

I know there're only headsets in my list, but I'm also opened for your headphones advices.

P.S. English isn't my native language, so please excuse any mistakes.

the pc363d is going to be similar to the game zero, hd595 and hd555 and it wouldnt be worth buying one of those given they will still have a bass-light signature to them and sound quality will be similar.

the hyper x cloud isnt a bad headset for under $100 and is certainly better than most gaming headsets since it is based on actual headphones. however i think what you have now is likely the same or better just a bit lighter on bass.

you might be taking a step down going with any gaming headset so i'd generally avoid those as you seem to be heavily focused on sound quality.

it sounds like you want a more "fun" sounding headphone than you have now. something with more bass impact to make games and movies seem more "vibrant" and "exciting". is that correct? be aware that having more bass means giving up a little advantage in games as heavier bass can cover up footsteps.

you should list what country you are from as well as what shops you want to buy at so we can figure out your options.

Goodfaler

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014

I'm from Russia if this can help. I think there's pretty much every brand I could buy here.

hmm, not so familiar with stores and choices in russia myself....

if you want "exciting" and arent concerned about increasing your budget then the dt990-250-pro paired with a good amp like the schiit magni or fiio e12 would be good.

the dt770-pro (either 80 or 250) would be another choice for people who love bass. smaller soundstage and a bit more bass than the dt990 and closed but good headphones. you would also want an amp for them ideally.

if you want bass but arent concerned about soundstage, vmoda makes some decent headphones which compete with the m50x. these arent as ideal for gaming due to small soundstage but some people like them.

if you like the sound signature of your senns but just wanted a bit more bass the hd598 is available but to make it a worthwhile upgrade i'd go right to the hd600 with an amp instead as while you might like the 598 better (its mostly neutral and laid back) i dont know if its a significant upgrade from what you have now.