Any program to flip audio?

philfranke

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Hey everyone!
I know the title might sound kind of weird, but basically my situation is I have stereo speakers connected to my computer. Because of the length of the headphone cord, I have to wear the headphone backwards or flipped (so I'm wearing the left headphone on the right ear and the right headphone on the left ear). Is there anyway/program to get the audio to be switched? When I'm playing certain games or watching certain videos, its quite annoying when one sound should be coming from the right and because of my situations it's coming out of the left.

Solution
So your headphone cord is too short......?

Is it viable to just use a 3.5mm (1/8 inch) stereo extension cord? Just run the cord around behind the monitor or as otherwise appropriate and the left/right problem is moot.

Cords are available in a variety of lengths. Not expensive either.....

Something like this product:

http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Extension-Control-Switch/dp/B004GIFBM4

Or just a simple extension cable without the volume controller. (Controllers tend to be cheap and break easily.)

Probably some third party application out there that would do the switching. Vaguely remember some product that permitted as a way to troubleshoot....

However, audio/sound configuration tends to be tricky enough as things are...
So your headphone cord is too short......?

Is it viable to just use a 3.5mm (1/8 inch) stereo extension cord? Just run the cord around behind the monitor or as otherwise appropriate and the left/right problem is moot.

Cords are available in a variety of lengths. Not expensive either.....

Something like this product:

http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Extension-Control-Switch/dp/B004GIFBM4

Or just a simple extension cable without the volume controller. (Controllers tend to be cheap and break easily.)

Probably some third party application out there that would do the switching. Vaguely remember some product that permitted as a way to troubleshoot....

However, audio/sound configuration tends to be tricky enough as things are without adding more software.

I would go with a simple extension cord.

Solution