Any TV's that can output music/sound through RCA with screen off?

Jason Hughes

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Hi all, as this is my first post, let me know if I'm in the wrong section!
I'm looking to buy a new50-65" LED TV which I would connect to my single rca input tube amp. It would need to have 3 hdmi inputs (computer/blurays/cable box) as I don't have any current plans to buy an AVR. My budget is around $1000. Are there any TV's in this category which have the multiple HDMI inputs as well as allow me to turn off the screen while still listening to music through RCA? Any help appreciated!

SO, you want to use your $1000 TV as a $50 audio switch? I don't think I have seen TVs where you can turn the screen off.
Get an HDMI switch, connect inputs to your PC/BD/cable, and run the output thru "HDMI Audio Extractor" - HDMI into TV, RCA into your amp.

You can get an HDMI switch that will extract the audio like this one
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw
and connect the analog out to your amp but it will need to have a volume control since this is a fixed output.
You say the tube amp has one RCA input. That means it is a mono or single channel amp, not stereo. You would only be able to use one speaker with it and not be able to get both stereo channels without a mixer. Seems like this is not going to work for you.