Question anybody repaired a motherboard before?

May 24, 2021
so i got myself a broken HP Pavilion dv7 1112eg .. motherboard - 486541-001 ... and when the battery is connected and the charger too it starts charging and few seconds later the turns off for a second and goes back to charging for another few seconds before it turns off again.. every time it does that there is a sound of a spark.. kind of a click sound.. for me there is a short every time a capacitor charges fully for examlpe or a fried cmos.. but i cant figure out which by myself..
when the battery is not connected nothing is happeneing and i cant turn the laptop on.. same goes for the charger without the battery..
i tryed to get somewhere by messuring the voltage on the components... checking the diodes.. but as said i just cant put my finger on it.. can anybody point me in the right direction?
nothing is getting hot..

ty
berry

Do you have a schematic? Do you have advanced test gear (scope, logic analyzer, etc)? Do you have equipment to work with surface mount devices? If not, your changes are pretty slim. You might get (very) lucky just poking around but as an engineer with many years of HW experience, I couldn't fix it without the items I mentioned. Motherboards are very complex. It sounds like as issue in the power supply, which narrows things down, but I would not know what to look for without a schematic and an understanding of how power supplies work. I would also caution you to be following good ESD precautions or you are likely going to damage something else. The HP services manual describe this. You can find the service manuals on line but I've never found HP schematics. I'd sure like to!

May 24, 2021
l looked for the schamtics for days now and couldnt find anything.. thats y im here in the first place.. i do not have the gear at home but i do follow the esd precautions.. tell me what would you charge for this kind of work in your shop?