Anyone else have a bad experience with Eurocom?

alaric728

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I ordered a Racer 2.0 a month ago after hearing good things about Eurocom, on here mostly. I received the laptop a month ago, and promptly shipped it back within a week for the issues of a damaged CD drive, a damaged keyboard, and a nonfunctional graphics card. It has since been a month from when i sent it back for an RMA, and they are asking for 50 dollars since the damage to CD drive is non-refundable as it is physical and not under warranty. Personally, this situation has just become increasingly ridiculous and I'm a little bit outraged that the computer arrived to me in barely-functional shape. I'm currently just trying to cut my losses and get a refund. Has anyone else had such an unsatisfactory experience?

UPDATE: We've solved most of the issues, and I'm very happy with the outcome. The support has been stellar and I was contacted by marketing in order to assure I would be taken care of. I've been told my computer is taken care of, and is going to be shipped back soon. I'm very excited to get it back in full and working order, and I'll update when I get it back.

Solution
I have never heard of Eurocom.
Anyway If the laptop was brand new, then it should of at least come with a one year warranty. If you have no joy then speak to someone in trading standards, get them to contact eurocom on your behalf, to resolve the problem.

Always check the warranty conditions before you buy any product.

: EUROCOM RETURN TO FACTORY DEPOT WARRANTY - TERMS AND CONDITIONS ::

EUROCOM notebooks come standard with a one-year parts and labour Return to Factory Depot warranty.
The warranty on your EUROCOM computer shall not apply to defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, acts of third persons, power fluctuations, environmental conditions, any force of nature, act of God or other cause beyond EUROCOM's control...

Shaun o

Distinguished
I have never heard of Eurocom.
Anyway If the laptop was brand new, then it should of at least come with a one year warranty. If you have no joy then speak to someone in trading standards, get them to contact eurocom on your behalf, to resolve the problem.

Always check the warranty conditions before you buy any product.

: EUROCOM RETURN TO FACTORY DEPOT WARRANTY - TERMS AND CONDITIONS ::

EUROCOM notebooks come standard with a one-year parts and labour Return to Factory Depot warranty.
The warranty on your EUROCOM computer shall not apply to defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, acts of third persons, power fluctuations, environmental conditions, any force of nature, act of God or other cause beyond EUROCOM's control, alterations to the equipment at Customer's direction.
EUROCOM shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages including but not limited to loss or injury to business, profits, goodwill, or for exemplary damages.

EUROCOM warrants its computer hardware products to be free from defective materials and faulty workmanship under normal use and service for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase by the end user.

Upon written notice of any defect in the computer hardware supplied to EUROCOM within the warranty period, EUROCOM shall at its option replace or repair any hardware portion of the system that it determines to contain defective material or faulty workmanship.

It states that the CD/DVD rom drive is covered for a year so don`t pay them $50 if you received the product in the state it was.

WARRANTY COVERAGE
Please Note: This Warranty Policy is in effect as of January '99. All purchases made before January 1999 fall under previous warranty policies that may differ than the current posted policy.

COMPONENT 1-ST YEAR
LCD PANEL YES
FLOPPY DRIVE YES
HARD DRIVE YES
PROCESSOR YES
CPU FAN YES NO
RAM YES YES YES
CDROM DRIVE YES
BATTERY 6 MONTHS NO
AC ADAPTER YES
LCD PC POWER SUPPLY YES
LCD PC POWER SUPPLY FAN YES