Anyone know a good Youtube camera for cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayonet14

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Hi, I'm saving money to make youtube videos as a hobby. I have a zenfone 2 but I'm not satisfied with the video quality. I'm looking for a good camera for youtube similar to a Canon g7x video sample here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIAJFKXVpzo

My budget is $200-$300 I know that is a low budget but I don't mind buying used cameras or old ones as long as the quality is really good. I will use it primarily for video nothing else. I already have a phone to take pictures with.

Suggestions are highly appreciated, thanks

Solution
Camcorders that fit in your budget range are the:
Canon VIXIA HF R700
Canon 32GB VIXIA HF R62
Canon 8GB VIXIA HF R60

Panasonic HC-180K
Sony HDR-CX440
My suggestion:
Don't bother with a camera and instead put those $300 towards lessons in videography (even something like lynda, though community college lessons might be in that budget too). For most people, the video quality isn't actually the issue, it's the inexperience and lack of understanding about video that's the real problem. Considering you think a cellphone is fine for stills, I would put your photography and videography skills at zero. Get some lessons, learn what makes a compelling video, and then you'll see that with the right shooting style and editing even your cellphone will have better quality than 99% of youtubers out there.

bayonet14

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I already know how to make videos, editing, angles, film techniques etc., thats why I'm looking for a better camera. I used my smartphone to make videos on youtube now I need an uprade. For the budget, I dont mind if ut's from 2011 or 2012 as long as the quality is good

What subject?
What equipment do you currently have?

If you're starting from zero, you'll need to consider lighting equipment first. You should have learned that in the first week of class, and no, they weren't kidding when they told you lighting is usually more important than the camera.

Again, you'll need to state what you are shooting before any equipment recommendations can be made.

fcnealvillangca

Estimable
May 11, 2015

yeah lighting is important for me. a good lighting = good image quality

Status
Not open for further replies.