GabeNuanezzz

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014
I happen to come across this lens for $15 bucks about a week ago. The specs are:

Sun Opt. Lens
Macro Telephoto 135mm at 1: 2.8

For 15 bucks, why not?? pretty good specs for a lens and it was in great condition!. I have a Dropbox link so you can see the lens. The thing is, I have no information on "Sun Opt." or this specific lens. I looked for this lens everywhere on the internet and cant find one thing about it. Does anyone have information on it? What camera it fits? I have a Nikon D750 and I wanted to get an adapter for this lens to fit on my Nikon. I have done it with other brands, such as Minolta, so this is what I wanted to do with it. The lens cap of the Sun lens says "for Praktica" ... But I bought an adapter on Amazon that was "Praktica B to Nikon body" but the lens didn't fit the adapter. Any Info guys??? Thank you!

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k0ia75pved2ji2q/AACSzTChFlDPB8berLdMHd0qa?dl=0

Solution

So instead of being cheap horrible garbage it's supposed to be just horrible garbage?

Unlike computer components that pretty much run on specs, camera lenses are NOT just run by specs. The quality of something like that is likely so bad that it's a knock off to a knock off brand, and while it won't break your camera, it won't work with it either (Even if you could connect it it would still produce dark blurry crap).

Just give up on that thing and save up money for an old fashion Rokinon 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens for Nikon F, which will work with your camera, has F2.8 and 1:1 macro, and doesn't cost ~1500 like nikon/canon macros do.

GabeNuanezzz

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014

It's not normally $15 bucks, I happen to find it at that price used. and if you had a 135mm at 2.8 and has macro, why wouldn't you want to try it out?.... The price doesn't matter, it's how you use it, and what you use it for.......

GabeNuanezzz

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014

So i have an adapter that puts Minolta brand lenses on my Nikon. What I want to do is use this Sun Lens on my Nikon with an adapter too. But I have no information on this lens, or an adapter for my Nikon. so that's why I am asking information about it. I did not find reviews, that's what I'm looking for too. and once again, the lens isn't sold at $15 normally. It's probably around $100 at a verified seller.

So instead of being cheap horrible garbage it's supposed to be just horrible garbage?

Unlike computer components that pretty much run on specs, camera lenses are NOT just run by specs. The quality of something like that is likely so bad that it's a knock off to a knock off brand, and while it won't break your camera, it won't work with it either (Even if you could connect it it would still produce dark blurry crap).

Just give up on that thing and save up money for an old fashion Rokinon 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens for Nikon F, which will work with your camera, has F2.8 and 1:1 macro, and doesn't cost ~1500 like nikon/canon macros do.

Solution