AO250 acer slow Download

So_1__

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
I just wanted to know why this old laptop with alightweight linux distro is so slow.is it because of the old hdd or the network wifi card.

On smartphones i can download a 1gb even torrent in less an hour.
It needs about 1-3 hours to download something usiN the laptop.

The hddmakes noise if i get a new hdd will it download faster. Its not a driver thing.

Solution
The hard drive shouldn't make a difference in that. Unless there isn't enough space on it. However your WiFi connection would make a huge difference.

It can also be affected by how much is running and what is running, on the laptop at the time. If resources are being used, or were being used. Even closing a program doesn't return all the resources it was using.

There is also the possibility that there are to many things accessing the same WiFi/Modem/Router. More active devices leads to altered access.

Lastly, your service provider could be restricting your speeds/downloads. Happens a lot. Especially at peek times.
The hard drive shouldn't make a difference in that. Unless there isn't enough space on it. However your WiFi connection would make a huge difference.

It can also be affected by how much is running and what is running, on the laptop at the time. If resources are being used, or were being used. Even closing a program doesn't return all the resources it was using.

There is also the possibility that there are to many things accessing the same WiFi/Modem/Router. More active devices leads to altered access.

Lastly, your service provider could be restricting your speeds/downloads. Happens a lot. Especially at peek times.

Solution